Asian slaw is tangy and delicious and perfect served with pulled pork, on top of grilled sausage, or all by itself. Come on in and get the recipe for this tasty side dish.
Nothing says summer more than cool salads made up of crisp veggies; and sure, a little bacon never hurt anyone! This is the perfect salad to bring to a summer barbeque or potluck, and even better for at home dinners when all you want is to be outside grilling steaks. It’s the perfect side dish to grilled meats and fish, as well as perfect sitting on top of a juicy burger. When OXO sent me their Handheld Mandoline to review, I knew I wanted to create a dish that not only was a perfect showcase of the tool, but would be perfect for the season as well. And what better timing was the #SliceItUp Recipe Contest, which this recipe is being entered in so wish me luck!
The OXO Handheld Mandoline, honestly has become my go to tool lately. Even for snack time I thinly slice my fruit just for fun (and it looks pretty!) Fruit Carpaccio anyone? It’s dishwasher safe, which I love and the blade is super sharp, but here are the official feature from the OXO website.
- Adjustable for slices in 3 thicknesses
- Clear surface shows slices below
- Slice on cutting board or plate or hook over a bowl
- Food holder protects hands and covers blade when not in use
- Non-slip handle, knob and foot
- Dishwasher safe
- 4 strips of bacon
- ¼ red cabbage
- 2 small carrots
- 4 small radishes
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop bacon into 1 inch pieces and cook over medium heat until crispy. Drain and reserve.
- Using the OXO Handheld Mandoline, slice cabbage.
- Radishes are to be sliced using the mandoline and then stack them up! Using your knife, make swift, thin slices. You have radish matchsticks now!
- Carrots are to be peeled and the placed against the cutting board. Pull peeler along as if you were making ribbons. Toss cabbage, carrots, and radishes with sesame seeds.
- Make dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together. Pour over vegetables and add bacon. Toss and serve!
|Photo Credit: OXO|
- Leave a comment telling me what you’d make with your mandoline if you won
- Follow @OXO on Twitter
- Follow @nella22 on Twitter
- Tweet: #SliceItUp with @OXO and @nella22! Win an OXO Handheld Mandoline. Check out her Asian Slaw recipe & enter here: http://bit.ly/JukuJy
Disclaimer: OXO sent a mandoline free of charge for me to review and one to give away. My opinions, as always, were based on product testing and tasting! This recipe will also be entered in the #SliceItUp recipe contest. US mailing addresses only. One (1) winner will be chosen randomly. Prize will be shipped by me thanks to OXO. The contest ends Sunday, May 6th at 11:59 pm Eastern time. The winner will be announced on Monday, May 7th via email and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.