Welcome to the Virtual Potluck’s latest party! Our special guest for this party is Artisana, a company that creates raw and organic nut butters, as well as some delicious roasted butters and great coconut oils and butters.
Artisana focuses on creating nut butters by preserving their full health benefits and flavor. They are made in a temperature controlled room, where the best nuts are processed to make the butters. What distinguishes them is not only their quality, but their variety of butters that include everything from Macadamia to Walnut, and beyond! Oh, and did I mention that the nuts used are sourced 100% organic and raw? The temperature control rooms make it so the nut butters are blended carefully and never go over certain temperatures. They also don’t add anything extra to the butters; no oils, salt, flavorings, or preservatives are added, making it a fantastic product when you’re wanting to take care of your health. And talking about health, nuts are certainly one of the best sources of vitamins and minerals, and even energy! Need more? Here are some added bonuses:
- Non-animal proteins and enzymes
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Essential fatty-acids (including Omega-3, of which Walnut butter has the most)
- Fiber in all products more readily digestible than whole nuts…making them truly whole foods.
- Certified Kosher (KSA)
Visit these fellow Virtual Potluckers to check out their Artisana inspired recipes and giveaways:
- Walnut Crackers by Cookistry
- Cashew Butter Power Balls by Food Hunter’s Guide
- Walnut Butter Scones with Honey-Orange Glaze by Miss in the Kitchen
- Macadamia Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies by Tara the Foodie
- Chicken Satay with Raw Cashew Sauce by 30AEATS
- Cacao Bliss Cream Tart by Farmgirl Gourmet
- Shrimp Stir-Fry w/ Cashew Butter & a Blackberry French Toast w/ Pecan Butter by Bite and Booze
- Ultimate Quintuple Coconut Cupcakes by Groovy Foody
- Pecan Caramel Sticky Rolls by Thyme In Our Kitchen
*Note: You can either add finely ground coffee to the bread crumbs, or do as I did and throw some bread chunks into your coffee grinder. Not only will you end up with coffee scented bread crumbs, but your coffee grinder will be clean! See this post on Facebook for the how-to picture.
Would you love to try Artisana products in your own kitchen? Well you’re in luck, because each and every one of us is giving away one-8 ounce jar of their choice, plus various squeeze packets of different nut butters!
Giveaway Rules and How to Enter (leave a separate comment for each action!)
• Visit the Artisana website and tell me the nut butter you’d love to try!
• Follow Virtual Potluck on Twitter
• Follow Cooking with Books on Google Friend Connect
• Tweet the following message: Join #nutbutterlove by entering to win nut butters from Artisana and
@VirtualPotluck! Enter to win: http://bit.ly/IiMIU0
The comments are the official entry, there is no purchase necessary, void where prohibited. US mailing addresses only. One (1) winner will be chosen randomly. Prize will be shipped by Artisana. The contest ends Sunday, May 6th, 2012 at 11:59 pm Eastern time. The winner will be announced on Monday, May 7th via email and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Artisana, and as always my opinions are based on personal recipe testing (an tasting!) No monetary compensation was exchanged.