Start your mornings with these Caramelized Banana Protein Pancakes, made with ProYo Frozen Yogurt and topped with a delicious banana topping – it’ll become your favorite weekend breakfast!
Every morning I strive to have a breakfast that will satisfy me and keep me full all morning long, specially since I work in a restaurant and sometimes lunch is either a rushed bite of food or a taste of what I’m cooking. Whatever I have for breakfast needs to be protein packed and delicious – none of that protein powder chalky taste that typically comes associated with anything protein packed. That’s why these banana protein pancakes topped with a caramelized banana topping has become my go to breakfast – whether it’s a quick on the go morning (they only take about 15 minutes!) or as a leisurely weekend brunch addition.
The thing that makes these pancakes great is the addition of ProYo Frozen Yogurt, who contacted me recently about trying their products and working them into a recipe. Since it was a product I had never tried before, I had them ship some of it to see what it tasted like and friends, was I in for a delicious surprise.
Crafted from creamy, high protein probiotic yogurt and natural fruit, these 4 ounce tubes became my go to snack that week, specially during those summer days when the temperature hit the 90F and I needed a quick cool down. Thanks to recommendations, I’ve also made a couple of morning smoothies by adding a ProYo tube to the blender with frozen fruit, water, and a spoonful for cashew butter – so easy, yet perfect way to kick off the morning duties!
While brainstorming recipe ideas, I realized you can use these for pretty much any breakfast or even dessert recipe. Some of the ideas in my brainstorming session included:
- 2 large eggs
- 2, 4 ounce Banana Vanilla ProYo Frozen Yogurt, thawed under warm water
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 vanilla bean
- In a blender, mixture eggs, frozen yogurt, banana, vanilla, cinnamon and brown sugar for one minute. Ad the flour, baking powder, and salt. Blend until smooth. Set aside while you may topping.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the sugar and cinnamon, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add bananas and vanilla bean, and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Make pancakes per usual, although these take a little longer than regular pancakes on each side - about 4-5 minutes. Cook to golden brown, top with warm syrup and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of ProYo. They have compensated me for my time to create and share this recipe with my readers – thanks for supporting brands that make this blog happen!