Warm Hummus with Spiced Beef and Feta is an appetizer to love! If you’ve never eaten warm hummus, your life is about to change for the better with this simple and flavorful recipe!
If you’ve been a reader of this blog for a couple of months at least, you know how much I love hummus. And it’s not just because Sabra (although this is a non-sponsored post!) is one of my favorite clients to work with – it’s truly because hummus is the perfect answer to the never ending question of “What’s for dinner?”.
The warm hummus platter is sprinkled with cooked ground beef that’s been seasoned with cinnamon and allspice, bringing out the warmth of these spices. Top that off with tangy, salty feta cheese crumbles and torn fresh mint leaves and you’re in hummus heaven! Perfect for a party – just double the recipe, but ideal to share with your family as an appetizer for four or simple meal for two. Either way – it’s one of my favorite ways to eat hummus!
What would you serve with warm hummus?
Please leave me a comment below!
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 container Sabra Classic hummus (10 ounces)
- ½ cup feta crumbles
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- salt, to taste
- Over medium high heat, crumble the ground beef and start cooking.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Cook all the way through and drain the fat.
- Warm hummus in the microwave (remove from container) or on the stovetop.
- Slather warm hummus on a large plate, spoon over spiced beef and sprinkle with feta and mint.
- Serve warm with pita bread.