My love for sweet potatoes runs deep, so this side dish recipe for Honey & Lemon Roasted Sweet Potatoes isn’t just perfect for a holiday meal, but it’s great anytime of year!
This post may contain affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, may earn me a small commission.
We’re back with another great recipe for Thanksgiving Week on Cooking with Books! This time, a recipe for Honey & Lemon Roasted Sweet Potatoes that I know you will love love love! This recipe is super simple to put together, can be made ahead of time and can be served in all varieties of temperature: piping hot, room temperature, or cold as a salad.
We’re showcasing another Martha’s Vineyard Sea Salt in this recipe, this time their Lemon Verbena Sea Salt blend, which pairs. so well with the earthy sweet potatoes.
Want to try Martha’s Vineyard Sea Salt this holiday season? Use the code MARNELY for 25% off orders $35 and over – good through Dec 1, 2020.
Like I mentioned, this recipe is super simple:
- Wash, peel, and cube sweet potatoes. This would work well with any variety of sweet potatoes!
- Toss them all in a bowl and whisk together separately the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and sea salt. Toss HALF that mixture with the cubed sweet potatoes, safe the rest for later.
- Roast until tender and slightly caramelized. The honey will melt and make some of the potatoes sticky and sweet, which adds to the overall dish.
- Add the rest of the whisked mixture, taste, and re-season with more sea salt if needed.
Can I use another oil instead of olive oil? Yes, you can use whatever you’d like as long as it’s a fat. Coconut oil, ghee, vegetable oil, and even sesame oil would be great. Just keep in mind the flavor profile might change.
Can I use another type of sweetener? Yes! If honey isn’t your thing and you want to keep this vegan, I suggest using maple syrup which would go lovely with this recipe. You can also use alternatives like rice syrup or even a stevia extract, just note you will have to taste test as you cannot equally use the same amounts.
Can I use another type of citrus? Yes, I would suggest lime, grapefruit, and orange as my top alternatives for this recipe. All would pair lovely with the sweet potatoes.
- 5-6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Verbena Sea Salt Blend
- ¼ cup honey
- In a large bowl, place the cut sweet potatoes.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and honey.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with half of this mixture, reserving the other half.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 375F for 30-45 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining mixture. Serve with an extra sprinkling of Lemon Verbena Sea Salt Blend.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? I want to see it! Follow Cooking with Books on Instagram, take a photo, and tag me in it. I love to know what you are making and how you made this recipe your own! Don’t forget: Use the code MARNELY for 25% off orders $35 and over on Martha’s Vineyard Sea Salt – good through Dec 1, 2020.