It’s holiday party season now that Thanksgiving is over! Whether you’re hosting your own dinner party or attending them, this Pecan & Cranberry Duck Mousse Spread is sure to be a show stopper. Perfect recipe for when you need something that says “gourmet on the go!”
The holiday season is one where we have to get creative – none of that same old, same old recipes. Sure, tradition is always welcomed, but this year let’s try to step it up with new flavor combinations. If you’re tried of seeing the same cheese ball at every party, that, although good, tends to just disappoint in flavors; this recipe for Pecan & Cranberry Duck Mousse Spread will be a winner at your next party!
Not only am I bringing you a ne warty recipe today, but I wanted to introduce you to Alexian, a brand with a focus on pate & terrines. Not any pates & terrines, but all natural, minimally processed, and with NO preservatives or artificial ingredients in them!
Seriously friends, these are the kind of products you want gracing your holiday tables. They are amazing on their own when served up on a charcuterie and cheese board for your guests, making these pates & terrines the perfect choice for when you need something gourmet on the go! And that’s our theme for this post, “gourmet on the go”. Specially during the holidays, we’re always rushing here and there, getting invites to potlucks and dinners, and who has time to prep anything after working all day? Thus, Alexian to the rescue! You can find them at your local wine shops, Whole Foods stores, Dean & Deluca, and more – easily accessible stores all around the USA!
Next time you need to bring an appetizer to a holiday get together, think about making this Pecan & Cranberry Duck Mousse Spread! Not only is it a stunning recipe, but the flavors are SO GOOD! Used in this recipe is the Duck Liver Mousse with Cognac, made with duck liver and pork, as well as fine cognac. “Duck, pork, mushrooms, specially blended spices and a dash of fine cognac go into our Duck Liver Mousse pâté. A recent winner of a Good Food award in San Francisco, this pâté is smooth and spreadable.”
Easy to make in an hour, you’re basically folding in this gorgeous pate with cream cheese and dried cranberries, forming into a ball, and pressing toasted crushed pecans. Adapt this recipe to your liking – dried apricots & walnuts, dried figs & almonds, dried apples & hazelnuts! The possibilities are endless! Be sure to scroll to the bottom for a delicious giveaway from Alexian!
Pecan & Cranberry Duck Mousse Spread
- 10 ounces duck mousse with cognac
- 5 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup dried cranberries finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons elderflower liquor* St. Germain works best
- 1 cup whole pecans slightly toasted and crushed
- In a bowl, fold together the duck mousse, cream cheese, and chopped cranberries.
- Drizzle in the elderflower liquor and stir until combined.
- Chill the mixture for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. In the meantime, place crushed pecans on a plate.
- Once mixture is chilled, remove from fridge and using greased hands (a little olive oil does the trick) quickly form into a ball. Place on plate and coat with crushed pecans on all side.
- Place back in the refrigerator until ready to serve alongside fresh fruit, nuts, and crackers.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Alexian Pate and my time to create this recipe has been compensated. Thanks for supporting brands that help me bring creative recipes to you!