Enter to win a box filled with what was in the swag bag at the Martha’s Vineyard Wine Festival 2014 and read more about who our sponsors were – plus learn about one of the best annual foodie events on Martha’s Vineyard!
The Martha’s Vineyard Wine Festival took place on Martha’s Vineyard May 8th through the 11th and was such a success that attendees are already emailing us regarding tickets to next year’s event! Events and tickets sold out in record time, private home dinners were exciting and interesting, and overall, the entire weekend was filled with amazing food, great wines, and awesome island adventures.
As the social media organizer of the festival, I had the chance to connect with some great brands and companies that generously supported the festival in donating products for the VIP Swag Bags! Read more about the brands below, as well as where you can stock up on them as well!
- Edible Vineyard Magazine: locally written by writers on Martha’s Vineyard, it’s the magazine you want to pick up if you’re on island and craving a foodie adventure. It inspires me with every issue and I end up reading it in one swift move, craving to become a farmer/oyster shucker/chocolate maker/coffee roaster.
- Cape Cod Coffee Roasters: And on that note of coffee roasting, this local Cape Cod company has been around since 1971! A third generation coffee roaster, DemosYoung grew up on a coffee plantation in Kenya and has worked in Central and South America in the coffee industry. He started Cape Cod Coffee Roasters in 1970.
- California Olive Ranch: Basically the only oil in my kitchen, California Olive Ranch has not only become a favorite, but their site is packed with great information on tasting olive oil, as well as information on their master miller, whom I had a chance to meet last year in Seattle (Bob is adorable!).
- The Beach Glass: The ultimate invention for this summer has got to be these beach glasses, which allow you to sip on your beverages and stick them in the sand without having them spill over. Genius, right?! I’m stocking up on extras and gifting them as hostess gifts this summer with a bottle of wine.
- Krave Jerky: I’ve never been a jerky lover, unlike my husband that can eat up to five bags of jerky in one sitting (true story!). So when I discovered Krave Jerky, I was skeptical. But oh boy was I wrong about stereotyping this jerky with the rest of them. This jerky is moist, flavorful, and delicious – give it a try even if you’re a jerky hater. You’ll change your mind after one bite.
- Nielsen-Massey Vanilla: the only vanilla I bake with both at home and at the restaurant, this vanilla pumps up the flavor of your baked goods with just one splash of it. Plus they have organic and fair-trade extracts, which is important to me.
- Hickory Farms: perfect for summer parties when creating a cheese and meat platter, their summer sausage is perfect because you can keep it room temperature until use and pairs so well with many cheeses, jams, and crackers. We’ve even sliced it thinly and used it on pizza – delicious!
- Brix Chocolate for Wine: the best thing about this chocolate is that it’s a cocktail party waiting to happen. Grab a couple of bars, tell friends to bring a variety of wines, and prepare to spend the night pairing wines with chocolate!
- Late July Organic: not only are these chips organic, non-gmo verified, and gluten free, but they were created in the same town that my hubby was born: Barnstable, MA on Cape Cod. Oh and we also love the name “Late July” which refers to the period of time on Cape Cod when everything is in full season and it’s the peak of the summer season.
- Bai drinks: realizing everyone was going to be hungover after tasting over 300 wines, we wanted to include a revitalizing drink in the swag bag and Bai was the perfect addition! Packed with super fruit antioxidants, it’s the perfect sip to have after a fun night.
- Martha’s Vineyard Magazine: another publication from the Vineyard, this one includes more on home, vacationing, decor, and island personalities. Grab a subscription even if you don’t live on MV – it’ll make you crave that you did!
- Sea Spa Salon (not pictured): my favorite spa on island, it’s a must for those looking to relax and treat themselves to a beauty service. Salissa King, owner and stylist, caters to any and all your needs!