If you’re a Seinfeld fan (and who isn’t!?) you’re going to love today’s post! A group of food bloggers and I have joined forces and recreated some recipes from our favorite food-centered Seinfeld episodes; be sure to scroll down and check out the other recipes and giveaways!
Today we’re taking a break from all the Christmas celebrations to discuss an odd group of friends, a strange pole and a ‘show about nothing.’ And by now, all you Seinfeld fans are smiling. It’s been 15 years since the TV series left the air but it’s still very much around in syndication, popular culture and a little made-up holiday called Festivus. Celebrated with a bare pole and an airing of grievances, it’s a time to come together and say “I got a lot of problems with you people!” It’s all in good fun, of course, and in its 9 seasons, quite a lot of delicious food came up on the show. So some of my blogger friends and I decided to cook the foods best associated with the Seinfeld years and give away some great holiday gifts. Since I made pie from “The Pie” episode, I’ve included in the giveaway a set of pie cookbooks pictured below!
I, for one, cannot live without my daily Seinfeld episode. And since we’re celebrating Festivus, why don’t we all take part and air a few of our grievances? Here are some of the things I can’t stand:
- I can’t stand people that ride their bicycles on the street when there is an obvious bike path!
- I can’t stand people that know I speak Spanish and say “Say something in Spanish”, like I’m an entertainment show.
- I can’t stand people that are picky. You have allergies, okay – you don’t like truffle fries? Have you ever HAD them?!
- I can’t stand people that bring burritos and tuna sandwiches into the airplane.
Seinfeld Episode: “The Pie”
Remember that episode when Jerry is pissed his girlfriend Audrey refuses to taste his apple pie by shaking her head and not even giving him a reason as to why she doesn’t want to taste it. All through the episode, Jerry becomes obsessed with the pie incident. Later on, they are having dinner at Poppy’s (Audrey’s family restaurant) and Jerry says Poppy not wash his hands in the bathroom, just before making pizza dough. Jerry now refuses to eat pizza by shaking his head, just like Audrey did. Jerry never finds out why she refused the apple pie.
So I found it appropriate to make my version of apple pie, but instead of doing a double crust, I decided to top the pie with an oatmeal vanilla crumble – perfect way to add more flavor and texture. You can use the pie crust recipe I made for the Brown Butter Buttermilk Pie, or your favorite pie crust recipe.
Be sure to check out the other blogs that are celebrating Festivus!
- Susan from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen is making Marble Rye from “The Rye”
- Kim from Cravings of a Lunatic is making Calzones from “The Calzone”
- Renee from Magnolia Days is making Eggnog Frozen Yogurt from “The Non-Fat Yogurt”
- Isabelle from Crumb is making Cherry Almond Muffin Tops from “The Muffin Tops”
- Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake is making Challah Pretzels from “The Alternate Side”
- Shanna from Pineapple and Coconut is making Lobster Scrambled Eggs with Wasabi Hollandaise and Crispy Leek and Potato Cakes from “The Hamptons”
- Kelli from Kelli’s Retro Kitchen Arts is making a Big Salad from “The Big Salad”
- Kelly from Kelly Bakes is making Mulligatawny Soup from “The Soup Nazi”
- Joan from Chocolate, Chocolate and More is making Cream Puffs from “The Gymnast”
- Diane from Created by Diane is making Black and White Cookies from “The Dinner Party”
- Anita from Hungry Couple is making Chocolate Babka from “The Dinner Party”
And now, for the Festivus Giveaway!
The Festivus giveaway includes 1 (one)- Seinfeld Complete Season DVD Box Set. 2 (two) 1.5 lb live lobsters from Lobster.com (These will be shipped overnight coordinated with the winner) 1 (one) – 10 piece Kenmore nonstick cookware set. 1 (one) – King Arthur Flour Baking Set. 1 (one) – Wilton Bake Pan Set. 1 (one) – OXO Salad Kit. 1 (one) – OXO Baking Set. 1 (one) – Soup Maker Cookbook and 1 (one) – Pie Making Cookbook Set. ONE WINNER PER PRIZE.
Winners will be picked by random draw and the giveaway is open to U.S. mailing addresses only (sorry international folks!)
How to Enter:
- Leave a comment with your grievance
- Many more ways to enter in the rafflecopter widget.
Disclaimer: Prizes were sponsored by King Arthur Flour, OXO, Lobster.com, Wilton plus members of the Festivus blog group.