Slowly but surely, the weather is warming up. We’re stripping our winter coats off (literally) and trying to soak up some Vitamin D. Our taste buds are craving for things other than stews and braises; they want crisp spring vegetables, outdoor dining while sipping cocktails on the deck, and pizza! Yes, pizza!
This double cheese pizza – shredded mozzarella over a white parmesan sauce and then topped with fresh spring produce like asparagus will have your taste buds sing of joy! Finish off the winter citrus by using it as a finishing touch to your pizza – a squeeze of lemon on top of this will make the new vegetables pop!
The parmesan white sauce is incredible simple to make and replaces the classic tomato sauce in pizzas. Easy to whisk up and pumped up on flavor with shredded parmesan cheese. It brings a touch of decadent to the simply fresh produce. As you can see, I used store-bought pizza dough, but you can make your favorite from-scratch recipe to make it as well.
We’re excited about sharing this pizza with you all and the generous folks at Land O’Lakes are hosting a fun pizza giveaway for you all! This Emile Henry pizza stone is the perfect stone for a party – preheats and creates an incredibly crispy crust! Paired with a huge Crate & Barrel serving platter (which would be awesome to serve a huge salad to accompany the pizza with), it’s the perfect way to get your pizza party started!
Asparagus, Corn & Prosciutto Pizza
- 16 ounces pre-made pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- toppings: fresh asparagus corn kernels, shredded mozzarella cheese and prosciutto
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 500F.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add cream and when cream is warmed through, slowly sprinkle in the flour and whisk quickly. Add parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Reserve sauce to the side.
- Roll out pizza dough on pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal. Slather parmesan cheese sauce and top with mozzarella cheese. Place toppings (asparagus, corn, prosciutto).
- Lower oven to 450F. Bake pizza until golden brown. Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
One winner will receive directly from Land O’ Lakes: One Emile Henry pizza stone, One large white serving platter from Crate&Barrel, One reusable refrigerated grocery bag and One high-value Land O’Lakes deli cheese coupon
Enter to win: Leave a comment below telling me what your favorite spring recipe is.
Disclaimer: Giveaway provided by Land O’ Lakes. US mailing addresses only. Giveaway ends Friday, April 19th.