These sweet and savory Pumpkin Spice Sausage Pancakes are perfect for holiday breakfasts with the family. Quick and easy, they’ll be on the table in less than 20 minutes!
During the hectic holidays, there’s nothing better than to be able to whip up a quick breakfast that is not only filling, but delicious as well! These Pumpkin Spice Sausage Pancakes will be your life saver this holiday season because they are made using Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Pancake Mix! Sure, you can make your own homemade batch of pancakes and add a sprinkling of my Autumn Spice Blend – but I am one that’s not against mixes when they make my life a lot simpler!
It’s as simple as whipping up the pancake batter and while it rests, slice some of your favorite sausage (we used Hot Italian Sausage because it goes so well with the sweetness of the pancakes!), and brown it. Once the sausage is browned, you can start dropping your pancakes onto the griddle, top with sausage slices, and flip!
To get all home bakers in the holiday spirit, Krusteaz is hosting a Virtual Holiday Baking Event on Saturday, December 14. Weelicious blogger and cookbook author, Catherine McCord, will be baking her favorite Krusteaz creations live from her kitchen, sharing recipes, tips and holiday gifting ideas featuring homemade goodies.
Pumpkin Spice Sausage Pancakes
- 2 cups Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Pancake Mix
- 1 ¼ cups cold water
- ½ pound sausage sliced
- to taste: maple syrup and whipped cream
- Whisk together the pancake mix and water. Set aside for a couple minutes.
- Over medium high heat, sear the sausage slices on both sides, cooking all the way through.
- Ladle pancake mix onto the griddle, top each pancake with three sausage slices, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the pancakes once you see bubbles forming on the top. Cook for another minute and keep warm until serving.
- To serve: drizzle with warm maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream. If you have any extra sausage slices, serve those on the side as well!
Disclaimer: Krustez sent me product to taste test but I was under no obligation to share on the blog. These pancakes are just THAT good.