Today, I’m excited to be hosting the first ever Stonyfield Cook-a-thon! Along with five other of my favorite food bloggers, we’re having a virtual cooking party and the theme of it is PANCAKES! But not any old pancakes, these are pancakes packed with delicious Stonyfield yogurt! Be sure to check out the recipe and enter to win a case of Stonyfield yogurt!
You can feel it in the air, even though it’s not “calendar official”. The cool mornings, the crisp fresh air, the feeling that fall is in the air! It’s got me excited, since fall in New England is our favorite time of year. And thus, I’m sharing with you all today a recipe that will have you waking up to fall weather – every day! Whether you live in Florida or California, these Pumpkin Pie Pancakes with a Spiced Vanilla Bean-Orange Yogurt Topping will have you head over heels with the classic fall flavors. Warm spices like nutmeg and cinnamon are laced into pure pumpkin puree, all encased in a wholesome pancake that will have your family craving for more!
As part of the Clean Plate Club at Stonyfield, I’ve fallen in love with their brand, their values, and their products. My all-time favorite item is the Banilla Low Fat Organic Yogurt. Packed with organic bananas from Costa Rica, a pinch of turmeric for color, and organic vanilla, it’s a great yogurt in smoothies and pancakes! It works well in this recipe because the bananas add a good balance of flavor with the pumpkin puree.
Joining me in this Stonyfield Cook-a-thon are five of my favorite food bloggers. Each of them is bringing to the table a delicious pancake recipe made with Stonyfield yogurt. With a total of six pancake recipes, both sweet and savory, you’ve got almost a week’s worth of breakfasts all ready to go!
Bacon Apple Pancakes by Nutmeg Nanny
Apple Pie Pancakes with Caramel Mascarpone by Hungry Food Love
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Pecan Pancakes by Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Apple Chai Pancakes by Diabetic Foodie
Stonyfield is the world’s leading organic yogurt producer, and their mission is committed to healthy food, healthy people, healthy planet, and a healthy business. I love this!
- Healthy food. We will craft and offer the most delicious and nourishing organic yogurts and dairy products.
- Healthy people. We will enhance the health and well-being of our consumers and colleagues.
- Healthy planet. We will help protect and restore the planet and promote the viability of family farms.
- Healthy business. We will prove that healthy profits and a healthy planet are not in conflict and that, in fact, dedication to health and sustainability enhances shareholder value. We believe that business must lead the way to a more sustainable future.
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unbleached whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup Stonyfield Banilla Yogurt
- ¼ cup pure pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon all-spice
- Unsalted butter
- ½ cup Stonyfield Banilla Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon fresh orange zest
- Sift together all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the syrup, yogurt, pumpkin, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix just until incorporated. Lumpy batter makes fluffy pancakes, so DO NOT over-mix.
- To make the topping, just whisk together the yogurt, vanilla bean paste, nutmeg, and orange zest. Serve over warm pumpkin pancakes!
Disclaimer: As part of the Clean Plate Club, I was offered the opportunity to host this first ever cook-a-thon. My time and efforts have been compensated by Stonyfield, but as always, I’d never share about a brand I didn’t fully believe in. Thus, 100% of opinions are my own!