- That bluberries are grown in regions Aconcagua Valley (Central Chile), Metropolitana (Central Chile), Rancagua (Central Chile), Maule (Central Chile), Bio Bio (Southern Chile), La Araucania (Southern Chile), and Los Lagos (Southern Chile)?
- Blueberries are full of anti-oxidants, along with being a good source of vitamin C, vitamin E, manganese and heart healthy fiber?
- Chilean blueberry growth has doubled in the past four seasons?
- 52% of imported blueberries in the U.S. are from Chile?
- Chile is the largest producer and exporter of blueberries?
Amazing! Now more than ever I’m craving to head South and visit Chile and if you keep reading, you’ll see how you can enter to win a culinary adventure in Chile! In the meantime, I made this simple and rustic galette – in other words, some flaky crust surrounding some fresh fruit. Laced with a few candied hibiscus petals, it’s the perfect dessert to bring to a dinner party – serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and you’re set!
Now, before I share this deliciously simple recipe, Foods from Chile has an amazing contest they want to share with all of you! One grand-prize winner will win the Flight, Accommodations and Guided Culinary Tour of Chile from April 10th – April 13th 2013, plus there will be some runner-up prizes that include goodie bags filled with Foods from Chile products!
How to Enter: Sharing your love for foods from Chile! Click here for more information on how to enter . Deadline is February 11th, 2013, so get in those entries ASAP! Actually, you’ll have to beat ME to it, since the prize sounds amazing and I’m totally going to go for it as well. Heck, I’ve never been to Chile!