If you haven’t heard of Tate’s Bake Shop, thank goodness you’re reading this today and get to learn a little about them. For everyone else that already loves Tate’s, read ahead for the perfect fall cookie recipe and enter to win some goodies as well! I heard about Tate’s for the first time while at culinary school, when my roommate visited the Hamptons and brought back a bag of their ever so popular chocolate chip cookies. You can say it was love at first bite!
So, who’s behind all that deliciousness? Kathleen King and her team of bakers, as the premier gourmet bakery located in the Hamptons. Her first book, Tate’s Bake Shop Cookbook: The Best Recipes from Southampton’s Favorite Bakery for Homestyle Cookies, Cakes, Pies, Muffins, and Breads, received many praises from celebrity chefs and home bakers alike. It brought the taste of the Hamptons to everyday homes with her cookies, scones and more. With her second book, Baking for Friends, she’s brought even more recipes to get you in the baking mood!
|Toss these cookies in powdered sugar, place them in a glass jar and tie a cute bow around it to share with friends!|
Baking for Friends: Tate’s Giveaway!
- ½ + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon vanilla salt
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ can pumpkin puree 7.5 ounces
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Green & Black's Almond Milk Chocolate bars chopped
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Mix the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In your mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and pumpkin puree until combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Incorporate dry ingredients and fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Using a small scoop, scoop onto sheet tray and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before removing.
Giveaway includes: the boxes are assorted but typically include: three 7-oz boxes of cookies, one each of chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and white chocolate chip macadamia nut. Two rich, buttery raspberry bars, two chocolate chip and walnut loaded blondies, and two rich, dense and fudgy plain brownies round out this crowd pleaser. Each 7-oz box contains approximately 12 cookies, and bars measure 4″ x 2.75″. Entry Methods Below (leave a comment for each action completed!)
- Follow Tate’s Bake Shop and Cooking with Books on Twitter
- Follow Cooking with Books on Pinterest
- Tweet the following: Enter to win a Cookie & Bar Tower + cookbook from @TatesBakeShop via @nella22 #virtualpotluck: http://bit.ly/PewlAS
- Pin this recipe and leave link of your board where it’s located.
- Follow Cooking with Books on Google Friend Connect
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Tate’s Bake Shop and as always opinions are based on testing in my personal kitchen! Giveaway ends October 14th and winner will be contacted October 15th.