Dulce de Leche is mostly known to be a Latin flavor. One that is tucked into two alfajor cookies, or swirled into chocolate brownies. Eaten straight from the can/jar is acceptable in all cultures and methods on how to make it range from cooking condensed milk over a water bath or even directly boiling it in the can for about 2 hours. But no matter how you make dulce de leche, the best part about it is getting to eat it!
I’m definitely excited about Dulce de Leche Cheerios! The flavor is spot on, sweet but not too sweet and perfectly crunchy. The weird thing about me is that I like to snack on cereal, not eat it as a meal. Just now I’m snacking on it after dinner. Perfect little sweet treat!
Now, remember when I made the Famous Cereal Milk™ by Christina Tosi in her latest cookbook, Momofuku Milk Bar. I wanted to adapt that same method of soaking the cereal in whole milk, infusing it with the Dulce de Leche flavor and then using that flavored milk as a base for this creamy cocktail.
This can be made both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, so just add a splash of vodka if you are of age and enjoy a drink after work. It’s not overly sweet and has a slight caramel flavor. The creamy texture added by the Cheerios make this a drink you can sip on all night!
- Soak Cheerios in milk for 5 minutes and blend, adding a pinch of salt. Strain twice through fine mesh strainer.
- Pour into ice filled shaker and add vodka. Shake and strain into martini glass. Serve with a cookie stirrer.
Don’t just eat Dulce de Leche Cheerios with milk at breakfast. Enjoy the sweet flavor and crunchy texture of Dulce de Leche Cheerios in one of these recipes for fun new snacking options:
- Dulce de Leche Cheerios Snack Mix– combine pretzels, nuts, and other sweet treats with Dulce de Leche Cheerios for a sweet and salty munching mix with a crunch
- Dulce de Leche Popcorn Balls– Gooey popcorn balls that melt in your mouth as you bite into the caramel flavors
- Dulce de Leche No Bake Snack Bars– Hearty bars with bits of fruit and nut for on-the-go snacking
- Dulce de Leche Apple Bread– A hint of caramel paired with refreshing apple flavors that is perfect for any time of day
- Dulce de Leche Cheerios Parfait– Jazz up your yogurt with Dulce de Leche Cheerios and fresh fruit
- Dulce de Leche No Bake Cheesecake– Make your own crust for this rich cheese cake using Dulce de Leche Cheerios
Dulce de Leche Cheerios Giveaway! Your Dulce de Leche Cheerios prize pack will contain:
- Box of Dulce de Leche Cheerios
- Orange polka dot cereal bowl
- Cereal spoon
- Dulce de leche scented candle
This is a weekend giveaway! Giveaway ends on February 19th 2012, at midnight eastern time. US mailing addresses only. Prize sent by My Blog Spark. How to Enter?
- Leave a comment telling me your favorite Latin American/Caribbean dessert or flavor profile.
- For an extra entry, tweet this and comment that you did: “Enter to win a Dulce de Leche Cheerios prize pack via @nella22 and #MyBlogSpark http://bit.ly/yPljsI #giveaway“
Disclosure: The new Dulce de Leche Cheerios information, product, and prize pack have been provided free of charge by Cheerios and General Mills, through MyBlogSpark.