Candied Orange and Spice Chex Mix
How to Candy Orange Peels: Using a potato peeler, carefully peel of the rind of the orange and slice into thin strips. In a small saucepot, simmer 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar. Let the sugar dissolve and add the sliced orange peels. Let cook for 20 minutes and then spread on a cookie sheet to dry. Store in a cool, dry place.
To make Candied Orange and Spice Chex Mix, toss Cinnamon Chex with powdered cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and the candied orange peels. Add mini marshmallows and enjoy the flavors of the holidays in this Chex Mix!
Nutty Chocolaty Holiday Mix
Inspired by Gingerbread Bagels “Puppy Chow”, I adapted this recipe by adding another of my favorite ingredients, Nutella. So this basic, but deliciously amazing recipe is melted butter, chocolate chips, peanut butter/chocolate spread, Nutella, vanilla extract and vanilla salt. Drizzle over Corn Chex and toss in powdered sugar.
To keep fresh: pour into individual ziplock bags and place inside a fun box with a recipe for more Holiday Chex Mixes! Your guests will have something fresh to snack on the next day!
Need more ideas for falling in love with Chex Mix? Check out these 15 minute recipes:
- Original Chex Party Mix – A tried and true classic of many holiday gatherings.
- Chex PB & Chocolate Blast – Is there really a better combination than peanut butter and chocolate? Yes, when Chex cereal is added!
- Chex Pumpkin Pie Crunch – Mix things up and try this mouthwatering alternative to the beloved holiday pie.
- Hot Buttered Yum Chex Mix – A combination of cinnamon, brown sugar, honey and marshmallows blend effortlessly together in a crazy-delicious, gluten free crunchy mix.
- Chex Caramel Chocolate Drizzles – Melted chocolate, chewy caramel and a delightful crunch carry this gluten-free party mix recipe from microwave to table in 15 minutes!
5 boxes of Chex cereal to create Chex Party Mix recipes 5 featured Chex Party Mix recipes 10 takeout containers so your guests can take their Chex Party Mix to-go $20 gift card to purchase recipe ingredients and decorating supplies Deadline is Monday, November 7th at noon EST and here’s how to enter:
Share with us a fall-inspired Chex Mix Combination Answer this question: do you have any Chex Mix childhood memories? Follow @Chex_Mix on Twitter Follow @nella22 on Twitter Follow Cooking with Books via Google Friend Connect Share this post via Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media platform
Disclosure: The Chex Party Mix-Change product, information, and giveaway have been provided by Chex through MyBlogSpark.