Honey Glazed Cilantro Lime Wings are just the appetizer you need at your game day parties this year – the blend of honey, cilantro, and lime makes for the best flavors!
Let’s be completely honest here: wings are not my favorite thing to eat. Unlike my husband, who can eat a couple dozen in one sitting, I can barely eat ONE single wing.
But I met these Honey Glazed Cilantro Lime Wings, and everything changed.
Sticky-sweet wings, with one of my favorite herbs (cilantro, duh!) and a squeeze of fresh lime juice… these wings are to die for.
A squeeze of lime brings out the best in almost every dish, and these wings have the lime! They are just what you need for your game day party. Serve them with fresh lime wedges and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro, and your guests won’t be able to stop licking their fingers.
I seasoned the wings with powered cilantro lime seasoning before baking them, which really kicked them into high gear. If you can’t find a similar seasoning, just use salt and pepper. Or find the seasoning online at sources like American Kitchen Cookware, or grab the Chile Margarita spice rub from Spiceologist. Either way, you’re sure to love the sticky honey glaze that coats these wings, the tart burst of fresh lime, and the clean flavor of cilantro!
I hope you will make these honey glazed cilantro lime wings. Here’s the recipe!
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons cilantro lime seasoning
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a baking tray.
- In a bowl, toss wings with seasonings and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes and flip wings over. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk together the honey, cilantro, and lime juice. Season to taste.
- Remove wings from oven and place in large bowl. Drizzle sauce over and toss until fully coated.
- Serve immediately.