• Happy 100th Post!

by  • June 30, 2011 • Uncategorized • 24 Comments

You all know my love for round, plump, even numbers. I hate numbers like 73 or 87, so when I saw I had published 99 posts here, I breathed a sigh of relief. Thankfully I didn’t miss it or this post would’ve never made it to surface.

I won’t get all mushy, but I will say that this blog is what it is (pretty awesome I’m sure) because of YOU. Yes, YOU still wearing pajamas! YOU sipping on your morning coffee! YOU having lunch at your desk (tsk, tsk)! YOU taking a minute to read up, catch up, wind down! YOU about to go to bed! YOU have all made this just so worth it, so much better. I don’t know all of you (though I wish I did!), but I appreciate you all: the silent readers, the constant commentators, the ones that point out god-awful spelling errors, the ones that forward my emails; the lovers, the haters, the strangers, the friends. Thank You and Gracias. I hope that we keep on developing relationships, engaging in conversations and learning more and more about the (food) world around us on a daily basis.

It took about five minutes to realize what I wanted to write about: Bananas. Yes, I have an obsessive and addictive personality towards food. I’m like a teenage girl, falling in love over and over again. I don’t care if Mangoes will break my heart when their season is over, because I know Avocados have got my back right away. But Bananas? Bananas are always there for me: summer, summer, spring and summer (the seasons in DR), they are all around!

You might find this odd but when I lived in the US and would come home to visit my parents, when I got into the car my Mom would pass me a banana. Don’t ask me why, but she just did, over and over again. Bananas are my welcoming committee, my energy boosters, my happy drug.

I should’ve brought a cake to this party, a banana cake right? I didn’t, sorry. I did make this one-ingredient banana ice cream thanks to The Kitchn. As your gift from you to me, would you please go make this? Today? Pretty Please? (I’ll be posting my experience on this AMAZING frozen treat soon. I could’ve added it to this post but that would’ve been too long. So stay tuned!). Where were we? Oh right, I didn’t bring a party cake, but I brought banana party links. Below you’ll find inspiration from food bloggers around the world showcasing Bananas. Because there is no better way than for this 100th post to end than with a list of what makes it what it is: the friends, the relationships and of course…the bananas!

Farmgirl Gourmet – One Bowl Banana Bread
    Food Wanderings – Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
    Kate From Scratch – Banana Biter Biscuits
    A Girl and Her Carrot – Banana Frozen Yogurt
    A Thought for Food – Bananas Foster
    Chow and Chatter – Strawberry and Banana Smoothie
    Gingerbread Bagels – Coconut Banana Bread
    Kitchen Confidante – Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake

One last thing before we end this Banana crazy post: today is the launch of Gojee, a gorgeous recipe site with talented collaborators such as Amanda Hesser and Merril Stubbs from Food52, Brian from A Thought for Food, Aggie from Aggie’s Kitchen, and many more, including yours truly! Stop by, sign up and explore the delicious collaborations! Don’t forget to also enter my wine giveaway!

24 Responses to Happy 100th Post!

1. February 5, 2013 at 3:48 am

What a wonderful collection! Thank you for including me . Happy 100th post! Can’t wait to see more.

2. February 5, 2013 at 2:08 am

We love you, girl! Congrats on #100! That’s awesome.
      Love this post gone bananas :)

3. July 7, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I love this post. Happy 100th!!! You have the best energy/personality. I can’t wait to check out some of these banana recipes! :)

4. July 6, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Happy 100th! Sorry I am just now getting around, but congrats that is a huge accomplishment. I can’t wait to see what you will share with us in the next 100.

5. July 4, 2011 at 12:49 am

Happy 100th post!!! May you write hundreds more! :)

And for the record, as crazy as I am about lemon and lime, bananas are my favorite! :)

Saludos from Mexico.

6. July 2, 2011 at 9:25 pm

YAAAAY! Congrats darling! Happy 100th post! :D

7. July 2, 2011 at 5:41 am

Happy 100th post, Marnely! I just love your name ;-).

Wow, I want to make a quick banana dessert. I have something in mind…

8. July 2, 2011 at 1:08 am

Happy 100-versary, friend!! I must say, in the relatively short time I’ve known you, not only do I find you to be friendly, outgoing, linky, retweety, a great writer and funny, but you are one of the best twitter users ever! The way you network and promote others and just share your joy in and about food–it is infectious.

So happy to be part of your circle, Nelly. Here’s to many, many more posts and many, many more conversations and laughs!

9. July 1, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Happy 100 posts! Woohoo!

10. July 1, 2011 at 4:06 am

Woo Hoo!!!! Yay:-) Happy Dance!!! Happy 100th post my friend:-) Love BTW how your mom handed you bananas as a welcome home gift, so fun!
      Hugs, Terra

11. July 1, 2011 at 3:26 am

happy 100th post love your blog, my hubbys Dad has land in the village and when his aunt visits the city she brings banana;s with her from the plantation went there once very cool hugs

12. June 30, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Congratulations! Very proud of you!

13. June 30, 2011 at 6:01 pm

You’re on your way girl! =) Congratulations on 100 posts. Your passion and energy shine forth on a daily basis, and your talent is obvious! Zig Ziglar says: “The best way to get what you want out of life is to HELP OTHERS get what THEY want out of life.” You certainly model that sentiment, so I’m sure your wildest dreams are not far from coming true! Thanks for being an awesome friend. Alan

14. June 30, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I read this while eating lunch at my desk… he he! Congratulations and a very happy 100th post! I’m joining you late in the game, but I look forward to reading your 200th and 300th and 400th… :)

15. June 30, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I too love bananas. My mom used to give me a banana and a hand full of chips for a snack. For some reason they just worked together, the salt & sweet. One of my favorite recipes is a banana snack cake and my son loves it…could it be all the banana milkshakes I drank when I was pregnant with him…..haha. love your site & your posts!

16. June 30, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Congrats, Nella! And am honored to be featured among some of the best food bloggers here.
      Am in total love with your funny one liners on Twitter, and your wonderful sense of humor. Glad that I got to know you and your lovely blog with such delightful recipes. My hearty wishes for many more of such feats to come across you.
      Love and tight hugs!

17. June 30, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Happy 100th post. Love your energy – looking forward to many more! Smiles and hugs! Mardi

18. Anonymous
      June 30, 2011 at 1:25 pm

wooohooo today Im celebrating! happy 1oo post!
      Fran
      btw cant wait to try this out

19. June 30, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Haha! My hubs LOVES bananas as well! He eats one or two a day 5-6 days a week! Good thing they’re cheap :)
      And one ingredient banana ice cream?! Amazing!! Please post about it!!

20. June 30, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Happy 100th post Nellie. i am banana and round numbers crazy too! Was just thinking I got ripe bananas here so thank you for the idea. Thx for shoutout was a gr8 surprise. You are awesome girl and so vibrant and positive about life!! Congrats on the milestone!!

21. June 30, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Felicidades Marnely! Not only you’ve reached this awesome milestone, but the Gojee project looks fabulous. Love your picture with – what else – the banana bunches!

22. June 30, 2011 at 7:13 am

Happy 100th post Nelly! Here’s to a million more cheers!

23. June 30, 2011 at 5:29 am

Congratulations! 100 posts is a lot of food. I had to laugh when I read summer, summer, spring and summer. When I grew up in Maine it was almost winter, winter, nearly spring and summer was the 4th of July.

Here, have a banana. Your mother cracks me up.

24. June 30, 2011 at 5:16 am

happy 100th post! :D that is so exciting. can’t wait to see where your blog takes you on your culinary endeavors to come :).

and who doesn’t love bananas? :)