As we clean up the kitchens from the excess that was the holiday season, I come to find odds and ends and this is how this recipe came about. Try making these Crispy Wonton Egg Cups with what you have in your own kitchens!
This post may contain affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, may earn me a small commission.
Here we go again with a simple recipe that you can make your own at home: Crispy Wonton Egg Cups! I came around to making these after a week of seeing a half used, open bag of wonton wrappers in my fridge. These Crispy Wonton Egg Cups are simple to make in under 30 minutes and result in a breakfast or snack that everyone will love.
For this recipe, you will need:
- wonton wrappers
- whole eggs
- milk or half & half
- cheese of your preference, like goat cheese, cheddar, or pepper jack
- optional: herbs, bacon, ham, or vegetables like asparagus or onions
If you are using full sized muffin tins:
- use two wonton wrappers to cover the bottom
- double the recipe for the egg mixture
These Crispy Wonton Egg Cups are so tasty because they pack protein and flavor, all in one!
Crispy Wonton Egg Cups
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black ground pepper
- ½ cup cheese
- optional: fresh or dried herbs
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease mini-muffin tin.
- Place one wonton wrapper in each tin cup and press in.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except the cheese.
- Pour into each wonton wrapper in muffin tin.
- Sprinkle cheese in each cup.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until puffed up and slightly golden on the edges.
- Can be served hot or room temperature, and will keep in refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Reheat in toaster oven or microwave for a quick breakfast.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? I want to see it! Follow Cooking with Books on Instagram, take a photo, and tag me in it. I love to know what you are making and how you made this recipe your own!