This Creamy Lemony Salmon Pasta is so quick and easy, and perfect for when you have a little bit of this and a little bit of that in your fridge.
Quick pasta recipes are my go to, and when I post them on Instagram, everyone is always asking me for a recipe, and I rarely have one. Mostly because I am looking at our fridge and pantry, and trying to figure out a meal that’s simple, has some green, and uses up what I have.
For this recipe, I had the following:
- 1 piece of seared salmon leftover from another meal
- half a bag of wilted spinach
- a little leftover evaporated milk
- half a lemon that was almost dried out
And of course, I always have some sort of pasta in the pantry and some type of hard cheese tucked away in the fridge somewhere. And that’s how this creamy, dreamy, lemony salmon pasta came about!
- ½ pound spaghetti or any pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ bag spinach, or whatever greens you have
- half a can evaporated milk
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 piece seared salmon, chunked into large pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated cheese, to your liking
- Boil a pot of water with salt and cook pasta al dente.
- While pasta cooks, in a sauté pan over high heat, melt butter and toss the spinach until it wilts.
- Add milk, lemon juice and zest, and salt and pepper. Season to taste.
- Add in cooked pasta and salmon, and a splash of the hot pasta water.
- Swirl until everything is combined, top with cheese and enjoy!
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? I want to see it! Follow Cooking with Books on Instagram, take a photo, and tag me in it. I love to know what you are making and how you made this recipe your own!