This has become my favorite plant-based substitute for anything that needs ground meat: Cauliflower Taco Meat. It’s the perfect replacement in recipes like taco bowls, burritos, lasagna, and more! Today, I’m sharing the recipe and how I used it in a quick taco rice bowl – follow along.
Lately, we’ve been trying to eat more plant-based meals, just to lighten things up, feel healthier, and overall help the environment a little bit more. That’s where this vegan Cauliflower Taco Meat comes into play – it’s a reworked version of ground beef, but instead of using beef, this recipe makes a plant based version using cauliflower and walnuts. Along with some essential seasonings that will have you thinking you’re diving into a bowl of spicy ground beef when in reality it’s all just vegan plant goodness!
This plant-based “taco meat” is made with just a few ingredients:
- canned chipotle peppers
And it’s super easy to make because all you do is put all the ingredients in a food processor, blend until crumbled, and then bake in the oven! It’s seriously so easy and the results are insanely delicious. Plus, you can make a large batch and freeze half of it for future meals – it keeps very well since it’s all plant-based!
- ½ head of cauliflower
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1-2 chipotle peppers
- ½ large yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large food processor, blend all the ingredients until crumbled. If your food processor isn't big enough, do the cauliflower and walnuts first, and then the rest.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Layer on a lined baking tray the crumbles and bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Use in tacos, pasta dishes, and so much more! Freeze after cooling for up to 3-4 weeks.