If you’re looking for a gluten-free cracker that doesn’t have a million ingredients and can be made in under an hour, these Gluten Free Chickpea Sesame Crackers is just the recipe for you!
Whenever I visit new grocery stores, I’m always on the lookout for new products to experiment with and that’s how this chickpea (garbanzo) flour came into my life. It can also be known as gram flour and can easily be found over on Bob’s Red Mill, but I originally purchased from a local miller in the Dominican Republic.
These gluten free crackers can also be vegan if you don’t use the egg wash, plus it’s already dairy-free! The perfect alternative snack for when you’re looking for a hearty cracker for dips, these Gluten Free Chickpea Sesame Crackers are just the thing. Plus, they are packed with protein and dietary fiber and are a good source of iron. Mainly used in the Middle East and Indian, it is slowly creeping up into American homes due to it’s qualities. Make these crackers today and discover chickpea flour – it’s so delicious!
Photography by Stacey Rupolo / Recipe by Cooking with Books
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil (you can also sub half this oil for sesame oil for extra flavor)
- ¼-1/3 cup warm water
- egg wash
- sesame seeds, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix all but the sesame seeds and egg wash, forming a dough.
- If you need more water, slowly add by the tablespoon until dough comes together.
- Place dough between parchment sheets and slowly roll out to ¼ inch thickness.
- Brush egg wash, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and cut into squares.
- Place on new parchment-covered baking tray and baking for 15-20 minutes, until crunchy.