One of my favorite things to make at home, as a side dish or even a simple snack, is cornbread. To celebrate the season, I’m putting a twist on my classic cornbread and adding pumpkin to the mix for a tasty One Bowl Pumpkin Cornbread that’s sure to delight friends and family alike!
Pumpkin Cornbread might just be one of my favorite recipes of the season. Not only does it pair well with soups, chili, and stews you have simmering on the stovetop, but this slightly sweeter version is also a great mid-afternoon snack. To top it all off, I’ve given you simple instructions on how to make the best honey butter – I like adding a good amount of salt and honey to it, along with a sprinkling of cinnamon to balance it all out!
This one-bowl recipe for pumpkin cornbread whisks up in under 10 minutes – super simple and delicious, all for minimal effort! The smell of it baking is that of sweet corn and pumpkin, and that’s why fall is hands down my favorite season in New England. Enjoy the season friends and bake up a batch of this pumpkin cornbread today.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup Stonyfield Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour (or regular whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a square baking dish with butter.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients, including the sugar, together.
- Add the dry ingredients on top and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour into greased baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes until set.
- Serve with a honey spiced butter (1 stick butter softened with cinnamon, salt, and honey!)