If you’ve never thought of adding fried sweet plantains to your tacos, your world is about to be changed. These Sweet Plantain and Shrimp Tacos, slathered with Sabra’s new Veggie Fusion (delicious guacamole and veggies), are about to be a game changer.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Sabra Dipping Company. Thank you for supporting brands that make this blog possible!
Summertime is all about fun, flavorful foods that come together quickly because no one wants to spend gorgeous summer days stuck in the kitchen. Today, I’ve partnered up with Sabra to introduce their latest innovation: Sabra Veggie Fusions guacamole! Made with real crisp vegetables (7 different varieties per recipe) and 30% less fat than a classic guacamole, it’s an incredible addition to any recipe – specially a taco recipe!
Sweet Plantain and Shrimp Tacos are my latest obsession – your classic shrimp tacos gets a hint of sweetness from one of the Caribbean’s favorite ingredient: ripe plantains! When combined with chipotle marinated shrimp and the Mango Lime Veggie Fusion, your taste buds will be jumping for joy.
Plantains have always been a part of my life – growing up in the Dominican Republic, they were a staple at home. We even grew our own green plantains – great for tostones! These ripe, sweet plantains are peeled, sliced and fried to a golden brown.
Slather the corn tortillas with the Veggie Fusions – it adds such incredible flavor! Guacamole made with ripe, fresh, Hass avocados mixed with delicious crisp vegetables for a nutritious dip, rich in antioxidants, vitamins and fiber – it makes the best dip and ingredient in tacos for sure! For this recipe, I used the Mango Lime – but there are two other flavors: Garden Vegetable and South Western. It’s the first of its kind to hit grocery stores, it will be available in the deli section – so make sure to grab one next time you’re at the store!
All three varieties are vegan, kosher, gluten-free and made with the best quality ingredients. You seriously need to make these Sweet Plantain and Shrimp Tacos this summer – and the best part is that Sabra is giving away a $1 coupon. Click here for a coupon!
I hope you love these sweet plantain and shrimp tacos!
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chipotle puree
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 sweet ripe plantains, peeled and thinly sliced
- 10 tortillas
- 1 Mango Lime Veggie Fusion
- 10 corn tortillas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Marianne the shrimp in chipotle puree and olive oil for 30 minutes.
- While the shrimp marinates, make the slaw by mixing the cabbage, carrot, cilantro and sour cream. Season to taste with lime juice.
- In a saute pan with one inch of oil, fry the plantains, flipping at around 4 minutes to cook on both sides. Drain on paper towel and cut lengthwise.
- To make tacos: cook the shrimp over medium high heat until pink all the way through and then slather each tortilla shell with Veggie Fusions guacamole. Add slaw, fried plantains and top with chipotle shrimp. Enjoy immediately!