If you’ve never baked in a toaster oven, I’m about to blow your mind with a recipe for chocolate dipped baked vanilla donuts – and a chance to win your very own Hamilton Beach toaster oven!
Disclosure: This sponsored post was written in collaboration with Hamilton Beach, but opinions are 100% my own.
Baking in a toaster oven had never crossed my mind – I must have been living under a rock until Hamilton Beach kindly sent me their latest toaster oven and said to get creative! After some research and asking friends their experience, I decided to test out this little oven’s capabilities by baking a batch of these Chocolate-Dipped Vanilla Baked Donuts, and boy did this toaster oven exceeded my expectations!
The product features in this 4 Slice Easy Reach toaster oven include:
- Unique roll-top door.
- Easy access to food.
- Easy access to countertop.
- Easy to keep clean—food can’t spill on door.
- Fits 4 slices or a 9” pizza.
- Bake, broil and toast functions.
- Removable door for easy cleanup.
- 30 minute timer with automatic shutoff or optional stay on.
- Includes bake pan and rack with 2 positions.
- Front-access crumb tray slides out for easy cleanup.
I tell you, this appliance is a lifesaver now. I’m hoping to get the most use from it during the summer when I don’t want to be turning on my large oven and heating up the entire kitchen just to bake a personal pizza or a small batch of cookies.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat your toaster oven (or regular oven) to 350F and grease your mini-donut pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking power, and salt.
- In a large separate bowl, whisk the sugar, egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. Whisk until sugar dissolves, about 3-4 minutes. Add vanilla extract.
- Add the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Using a plastic piping bag or spoon, fill the donut pan ¾ of the way and place in oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Remove from pan and cool on cooling track while making the glaze.
- To make the glaze: in a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together.
- Whisk until combined. Dip cooled donuts in the glaze and let set.
- Best when consumed within 2-3 days.
UPDATE: The Hamilton Beach giveaway that originally appeared in this post has ended. The winner was notified and the entry form widget has since been removed.