Lemon yogurt loaf cake is the perfect treat! Whether you’re having a slice for breakfast with your coffee, or serving it up dolloped with whipped cream to dinner party guests for dessert.
Whenever I feel like baking dessert, cake is always the first thing that pops into my mind. But knowing I have no willpower for cake of any kind, I try to keep the cake baking to a minimum. That’s when I lie to myself and say I’ll make a “loaf cake” that’s smaller in size, preferably with some sort of healthy ingredient. This lemon yogurt loaf was born out of necessity, a moment I was probably craving a dense slice of hazelnut chocolate molten cake and decided to be “healthier”.
This lemon yogurt loaf is packed with protein from the yogurt, vitamin C from the lemons, and good fat from the coconut oil!
But let’s be real – the flour and sugar in this cake balances all of the healthy ingredients. And balance is what I’m all about!
So go out there and bake up this lemon yogurt loaf. Call it a cake. Call it a quick bread. Call up your best friend and bring her a slice!
- 1½ cups self-rising flour (or regular all purpose flour plus 2 teaspoons baking powder)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup Stonyfield Greek Vanilla Bean yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour and salt.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar, lemon juice and zest, vanilla, yogurt, and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in the melted coconut oil and then pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown.