Healthy Buffalo shrimp with blue cheese ranch dip is a tasty, lightened up twist on a classic Buffalo shrimp appetizer. It has all of the flavor, but with less fat and calories.
This post is brought to you by Sabra. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content for Cooking with Books!
It’s football season, which means we’re rooting for the New England Patriots to bring home a win! As we watch them on the big screen, we’re eating delicious appetizers like healthy Buffalo shrimp with blue cheese ranch dip!
Being married to someone that takes both football and football food extremely seriously has helped me appreciate the season even more. A short period during the winter that really makes the cold weather bearable, we live and breathe the sport between September and February. Thus, I have lots of chances to practice my football appetizers to serve at our Superbowl party – like this healthy Buffalo shrimp with blue cheese ranch dip!
Between snacking through Monday Night Football and Sunday football games, we were eating a lot of food. To avoid weighing hundreds of pounds by Superbowl time, learning how to balance indulgent treats became important.
My healthy twist on these classic flavors involves two things: using coconut oil instead of butter in the hot sauce, and using Sabra’s Farmer’s Ranch as the base for my blue cheese dip. Made with real vegetables and smooth Greek yogurt, Sabra’s Farmer’s Ranch is a fresh take on ranch dip & dressing that offers 75% less fat and 60% fewer calories per serving compared to the leading ranch dip.
Here’s the healthy Buffalo shrimp recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, deveined
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 cup Sabra Farmer's Ranch
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Over high heat in a non-stick skillet, cook the shrimp until light pink and fully cooked (about 5 minutes).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, hot sauce, paprika, and garlic. Pour over the cooked shrimp and set aside.
- Make the dip by whisking the Farmer's Ranch, blue cheese, and honey. Serve alongside shrimp, celery, and carrot sticks.
For more inspiration, visit my fellow Sabra Tastemakers recipes:
- Jalapeño Hummus Spring Rolls by Food in my Beard
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Mini Pizzas by Recipe Runner
- Cheesy Baked Black Bean Flautas by Peas & Crayons
- Buffalo Hummus with Homemade Tortilla Chips by Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wontons by Basilmomma
- Spinach and Artichoke Hummus Pull Apart Bread by Poet in the Pantry
- Loaded Taco Style Nachos by Foodness Gracious
- Guacamole & Spiced Shrimp Crostini by Cookin’ Canuck
- Hummus & Guacamole Dip by Celiac and The Beast
- Crispy Potato & Hummus Balls by Hungry Couple
- Guacamole Stuffed Potato Skins by A Cedar Spoon
- Teriyaki Chicken Sliders with Guacamole and Pineapple Salsa by Made It
- Salsa Chicken Nachos Bites by Me and My Pink Mixer
- Creamy Tuna Cucumber Boats with Guacamole by Mango & Tomato