Healthy eating can be tough during the holiday season – so let’s tackle it in baby steps, starting with healthy holiday snacking. These brands were present at the WELL Summit, where I got to learn more about them, meet the makers, and taste them!
(from left to right, top to bottom)
- Simply 7 Snacks – Cheddar Quinoa Chips – most of my snack cravings are those of the salt component. These quinoa chips are crispy, airy, and full of cheese. Not only that but they are also, gluten free, non-GMO, no artificial colors or flavors, vegetarian, and kosher!
- Biena – Chickpea Snacks Habanero – tasty, crunchy chickpeas are flavored with spicy habanero pepper and a hint of lemon. These aren’t super spicy, so they’re perfect mid-afternoon to get you through until dinner.
- Organic Living Foods – Raw Juicy Strawberries – hands down these are better than any candy you’ve ever tasted! Low in fat, high levels of Vitamin C and antioxidants, these are just the thing when your sweet tooth hits.
- Cocomama – Crunched Out Fudgy Chocolate – that mindless snacking you do while watching TV? Mindless snack away with this snack from Cocomama! It’s chocolate-packed and crunchy enough to keep you entertained while watching your favorite Netflix show. Plus, with seven ancient grains, you know you’re eating healthy!
- Organic Gemini – Raw Tigernuts – extremely high in fiber, phosphorus, potassium, and vitamins E & C, these tiger nuts are perfect for having in your purse or backpack as a spur of the moment snack while waiting in line or in traffic.
- Emmy’s – Coconut Vanilla Macaroons – coconut macaroons are my weakness. Their unique texture an their coconut flavor makes me crave them more and more, and with those from Emmy’s I can eat a couple and not feel guilty at all!
- Numi Organic Tea – Turmeric Tea Amber Sun – this herbal teasan combines turmeric, rooibos, vanilla beans and a hint of cinnamon, ideal for these cooler nights or afternoons when you need some warming up.
- Barrington Coffee – let’s be real, sometimes all you need is a cup of good coffee and Barrington is just that. I love this on their website and agree 100% – “Extraordinary quality coffee. Direct from the world’s finest farms. Grown with environmentally sustainable methods. Purchased far above the pricing floor established for equitable trade. This is Barrington Coffee.”