What happens when you combine three types of fair trade chocolates with a perfect brownie recipe? You get this Ultimate Triple Chocolate Brownies recipe, that’s what! Join me along with Fair Trade USA to celebrate a month of all things fair trade, meet fair trade farmers, and enter to win amazing goodies!
Ultimate Triple Chocolate Brownies are just what I needed this week. You see, chocolate and I have a relationship. One that’s consumed on a daily basis, in every way, shape or form. So when Fair Trade USA challenged me to create a recipe with incredible Fair Trade products (which you can enter to win below!), I knew I wanted to make a brownie recipe that would blow your mind. Three kinds of chocolate make these the ultimate brownie recipe, the only recipe you’ll ever need in this lifetime. OH and let’s not forget the FOURTH chocolate – warmed chocolate spread that makes this divine – It’s a chocolate lover’s dream! Here’s a list of the chocolates in this recipe:
- Sunspire Organic Fair Trade 65% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips
- Lake Champlain Fair Trade 54% Dark Chocolate Chips
- barkTHINS Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Seed with Sea Salt
- Barefoot & Chocolate Almond Coconut Chocolate Spread
Another great mission that Fair Trade USA is behind is supporting farmers all over the world, showcasing their work in the Fair Trade movement, and I was paired with Ulysma Desiline, an inspirational mango worker in Haiti. Ulysma Desiline, 50, from Pass Reine, Haiti, and shares: “This community suffers from drought, there has been no rain since last November, so we can’t work our gardens, food is hard to find in the area so one must go to another town to look for vegetables and other foods. The only good business in this area is the mango business. The way we are organized and work together is a real motivator! We all do our part. I am proud of being in charge and happy that this helps me send my children to school and feed my family. The mangoes are organic and they are our source of income so we take good care of our them. They are clean because we were trained to keep them clean. I am proud to have a guaranteed income, that I can support my family and also knowing that it is helping the economy of my community.”
As most of you know, I was born and raised in the Dominican Republic, island neighbor to Haiti so when I saw I was paired with Ulysma from Haiti and she’s a mango worker, I couldn’t be more excited! The Caribbean is a land of those juicy, sweet mangoes and one of the fruit I miss the most. Connecting with Ulysma, my island neighbor and mango lover was a way to connect with home – and by purchasing fair trade, you are supporting her!
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 ounces coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 7 ounces granulated sugar
- 3.5 ounces ark brown sugar
- 4 ounces self rising flour
- 3 ounces chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1, 4.7 ounce bag barkTHINS
- ½ cup Barefoot & Chocolate spread, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and parchment an 8" by 8" pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and coconut oil. Add vanilla and salt.
- Let chocolate mixture cool, and in the meantime in your mixer, whisk eggs until fluffy for 3-4 minutes. Add sugars and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Slowly drizzle in chocolate mixture.
- Add flour and chocolate chips, but do not over mix.
- Pour batter into pan and carefully layer pieces of barkTHINS on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until fully baked. Let rest for at least two hours before cutting.
- Drizzle and serve with warmed chocolate spread.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: Fair Trade USA is a mission close to my heart and my opinions are 100% my own. The products were sent free of charge to create a recipe and share their mission!