Looking for the perfect recipe for brunch? Or maybe you need a good recipe for quick lunches throughout the week? Make this Savory Pumpkin Broccoli Cheddar Quiche and celebrate #QuicheFeast!
Tis the season for friendly get togethers, of family reunions, of quick lunches while packing to visit family. All those occasions and more lend themselves perfectly to the creation of this quiche. This Savory Pumpkin Broccoli Cheddar Quiche will become your go to recipe for all occasions. Currently, I have 8 pre-sliced, frozen pieces of quiche in my freezer, ready to go whenever I need a quick lunch. When paired with a fresh salad of mixed greens, it’s faster than any fast food you can find! Plus, 100 times healthier as well.
Healthier also because I used to of my favorite ingredients in it – King Arthur Unbleached All Purpose Flour and Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar. Remember that time I visited King Arthur Flour and we taste tested a recipe made with 16 types of flours? Unbleached always comes out the winner – I can still remember the comparison of the bleached flour vs. unbleached – the bleached flour tastes artificial almost, like those grocery store cakes you are tempted to buy but know they’ll suck in the flavor department. The unbleached flour gives this crust the perfect flavor and texture!
Cook’s note: I added 3/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese to the pie crust as well – so it’s extra cheesy and the cheese actually caramelizes and melts into this crispy crust!
Savory Pumpkin Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- 1, single pie crust recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup brocoli florets
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 ounces Sharp Cheddar cheese
- salt pepper, and nutmeg to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Roll your pie crust into your pie pan and crimp the edges; set aside.
- Saute the butter and onions for about 5-8 minutes, until aromatic. Add the broccoli and cook for 5 more minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin, and cheese. Season liberally with salt, pepper, and grated fresh nutmeg.
- Place onions and broccoli in pie crust and pour pumpkin batter over it.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-55 minutes, until golden brown.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of King Arthur Flour and Cabot Creamery.