One of my favorite things about living in New England? Getting to eat lobster at every single meal! This Butter Poached Lobster Grilled Cheese by Lobster ME is on my list of things to make this fall, how about you?
The season on Martha’s Vineyard, an island off the coast of Massachusetts that’s crowded with tourists from May through September, is about to come to a slow end. For us chefs, cooks, and restaurant industry workers, it’s that light at the end of the tunnel, a sigh of relief after all the endless doubles and 14 hour days at the restaurant. My current light at the end of the tunnel is all about planning trips in the off season that will get us off the island and onto the mainland to discover new adventures, sights, and of course – food!
We’ve already got tickets to Las Vegas, Nashville, and the Dominican Republic, but the husband has been persuading me to visit Maine as well – so while we do some research on the best things to do in Portland, Maine (let me know of any recommendations in the comments below), we’re going to eat lobster!
I’ll be in the kitchen making this amazing grilled cheese sandwich aptly named “The Frenchy”. Butter-poached lobster with melted brie and shallot-cream cheese on white bread – what more could a girl ask for? Stay tuned for updates on my travels by following on Instagram!
- 1 ¼ oz cooked Lobster Meat
- 2 slices White Bread
- 2 teaspoons Butter
- 1 oz sliced Brie
- 1 oz of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced Shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced Chives
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. In a medium mixing bowl, combine both cheese and shallots. Spread equal portions of the cheese mixture on the inside of both slices of bread, sprinkle with chives. Add a single layer of lobster meat to the inside of one slice of bread. Close sandwich and grill in a frying pan or on a panini press until cheese is melted and bread is toasted golden brown.
Disclaimer: This post is on behalf of Lobster ME – they shared this incredible recipe and I knew I had to recreate it at home and share with you! My love for lobster is 100% my own, as well as the opinions shared here.