Corn is the perfect summer treat, specially if you can find some local sweet corn. Asian Style Mexican Street Corn is the best of both worlds – try it this week. This is a sponsored recipe thanks to Kikkoman.
Corn is definitely my summer love affair – sweet and tender, and so open to possibilities! Today, we’re slathering it with a soy mayonnaise made with the ever so delicious Kikkoman naturally brewed soy sauce. Kikkoman soy sauce is a versatile ingredient that can be used to cook many different types of cuisines – and thus I combined Asian and Mexican flavors to create this street corn recipe!
Instead of slathering the corn in the regular mayonnaise, I whisked in soy sauce. Kikkoman soy sauce is a flavor enhancer and takes the mayonnaise to another flavor level. You can go crazy with whatever toppings you’d like, but here I showcased some great flavor, crunch, and textures. Queso fresco (a good substitute is goat cheese if you can’t find it) is combined with herbaceous fresh cilantro, spicy pepper flakes, and sesame seeds (toast them for even extra flavor!).
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chile pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons queso fresco
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Boil or steam the ears of corn until tender.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise and the soy sauce until incorporated.
- Cut the corn in halves (easier to handle) and slather in soy mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle all around with sesame seeds, pepper flakes, queso fresco, and fresh cilantro.
- Serve alongside your meal!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kikkoman. The opinions and text are all mine.