Summer is in full swing and with it, hot summer days and nights are the usual. We’re taking matters into our own hands (literally!) and creating Teriyaki Shrimp Spring Rolls, a refreshing take on dinner. This post is sponsored & compensated by Latina Bloggers Connect and Kikkoman.
No matter how hot summer gets, never for a moment do I think that I miss winter. Hot summers just translate to cooler meals enjoyed on the deck, chilled Chardonnays with friends on the couch while blasting the air conditioner, and walking around town while savoring an ice cream scoop or two. And lately I’ve found myself purchasing spring rolls from the local sushi spot and realized that I could be making these at home for half the price!
These Teriyaki Shrimp Spring Rolls are one of my favorite summer dinners – they’re filling enough that I can have 4-5 of them and call them dinner; they’re incredibly healthy since it’s just raw vegetables and nutritious shrimp; and while they can take a bit to roll, they are well worth the effort.
When Kikkoman and Latina Bloggers Connect challenged me to create an appetizer recipe using the Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade, I instantly knew I wanted to make a shrimp recipe. Shrimp appetizers are always well received and loved by everyone, and that was proved when my husband and friends devoured a platter of spring rolls in under 10 minutes. Marinating the shrimp beforehand in Kikkoman Teriyaki enhances the flavor and adds a tangy, savory note. Starting as a simple mixture of soy sauce and spices, teriyaki has been popular since it was first created in Japan and was named after the lustrous sheen of the sauce; teriyaki translates to glaze-broiled!
The spring rolls were paired with three simple sauces that you don’t even need a recipe for – just whisk some ingredients together and taste as you go!
- Sriracha Mayo: equal parts mayonnaise and honey, with a squirt of Sriracha
- Peanut Sauce: equal parts chunky peanut butter and coconut milk, warmed up to dissolve PB
- Nuoc Cham: equal parts rice vinegar and warm water, granulated sugar, fish sauce, shaved garlic, and red pepper flakes
Teriyaki Shrimp Spring RollsPrint Recipe
- ¼ cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade
- ½ pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- spring roll rice papers
- 1 carrot thinly shaved
- 1 cucumber thinly shave
- 1 small red pepper thinly sliced
- ½ cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro
- fresh mint
- Mariante the shrimp and Teriyaki for about an hour before cooking.
- Over medium high heat in a greased saucepan, sauté shrimp until fully cooked and pink. Set aside.
- With all the vegetables and herbs thinly sliced, set up an assembly line that looks like this: plate of warm water to soak rice papers, shrimp, vegetables, and platter for finished spring rolls.
- Soak rice paper until manageable and place two-three small shrimp in center; top with herbs and vegetables and tightly tuck in both sides and roll until formed.
- Chill until ready to serve.
You can make these using just raw vegetables for a raw and vegan dish, or substitute the shrimp with chicken, beef, or even tofu! Just don’t forget to marinate the proteins in Kikkoman Teriyaki for that tangy, sweet taste everyone loves.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kikkoman. The opinions and text are all mine.