And with the blink of an eye, spring is here – FINALLY! After the awful New England winter we had, I’m excited to have the sun shining, the windows open, and my feet back in flip flops. Another thing I missed about the warm weather were cocktails on our deck; whether it was a small get together with the ladies snacking on treats and sipping cocktails or a one-on-one night with my husband sipping wine, summer nights on the deck are one of my favorite activities of the season!
This recipe is made using Sparkling ICE Pink Grapefruit, which is perfect for the spring season, specially with all the gorgeous pink cherry blossoms blooming all over Martha’s Vineyard. What makes this cocktail really stand out is the addition of fresh jalapeño slices – for the heat lovers out there!
- 3 ounces Grapefruit Sparkling ICE
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- 1 ounce lime juice
- Lime wedge
- Sliced fresh jalapeño
- Chili salt for rim of glass (Kosher salt mixed with chili powder)
- Use a lime wedge to rub the entire rim of a chilled martini glass, and dip into chili salt mixture.
- Combine vodka and jalapeno slices with ice in a shaker.
- Strain and pour into the chilled martini glass.
- Top with Grapefruit Sparkling ICE.
- Garnish with a few Jalapeno slices.
Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post, I just thought it was a cool cocktail and one I’ll totally drink this summer on island!