This quick and easy recipe for Seared Cod in Curry Butter Noodles is all about having a well stocked pantry – and the ultimate pan to sear fresh fish on!
Living on Cape Cod, fish & shellfish have become synonymous for “quick dinner idea”. Our local markets carry a wide range of local offerings and give me that creative boost that I need for when it’s already 5pm and I have no clue what to make for dinner for the husband and I. Some of my favorite seafood dinner ideas include: Fish Tacos, Cajun Shrimp & Grits, Cod Salad Pita Pockets, Orange Ginger Shrimp Stir Fry, and Black Garlic Cod.
As I mentioned, having a well-stocked pantry is a must for quick meals and we’re big on Asian cuisine at our home, so here are a couple of ingredients we tend to keep around at all times: Sriracha, rice vinegar, red & green curry paste, coconut milk, soy sauce, and sweet chili sauce. On your next trip to the store, grab a couple of these and you’ll find that making dinner will get so much easier!
The folks over at Green Pan sent me a couple of their pieces to test out and I fell head over heels with this I Love Fish & Vegetables 10″ Open Frypan – it’s seriously the best pan I’ve ever used to cook fish on. Because cooking fish is tricky – it tends to stick no matter how much butter or oil you use, but with this pan and it’s dimpled surface, the fish literally slides while cooking – yet still achieving an amazing sear. It’s made with Thermolon™ Marathon which is the next generation ceramic coating, lasting even in the face of intensive usage and cleaning!
Fresh cod filet is seared in a curry butter that I make with equal parts butter to red curry paste and in the same pan, I toss rice noodles and vegetables for a quick meal. Top with fresh herbs like mint and cilantro for a pop of bright flavor.
Seared Cod in Curry Butter Noodles
for the fish:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large fresh cod filets
for the rice noodles:
- ¼ pound cooked rice noodles or your favorite Asian noodle
- ½ orange bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- ½ small onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- mint and cilantro to taste
- Mix the butter and curry paste until uniform.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and coat each small filet with about 1 teaspoon of curry butter (reserve the rest).
- Preheat the pan to medium high heat and place fish to sear, turning at about 4 minutes (depending on size of filets).
- Remove fish once cooked, add the rest of the butter, noodles, vegetables, and vinegar. Saute until heated through but vegetables still a bit crunchy.
- Serve noodles topped with fish and fresh herbs.
Disclaimer: Green Pan sent me samples of their brand line, but I was under no obligation to review it. I recommend this pan 100% if you cook fish regularly!