If you’re someone that loves the Super Bowl for the food, not the game, you’ve come to the right place! Today’s Jarlsberg Broccoli & Mushroom Cheese Dip will become your game day favorite recipe to serve!
Let’s get excited – the Super Bowl 2015 is approaching and that means one thing: PARTY FOOD! That’s the mean reason I’m excited for the football – all the cheesy dips, the vegetable and cheese platters, the appetizers, the baked goods. A table packed to the brim with delicious eats while my husband and his friends watch the game.
When Jarlsberg contacted me to see if I wanted to create a delicious recipe using their delicious cheese – this Jarlsberg Broccoli & Mushroom Cheese Dip was born!
I had to come up with a way to get as much cheesy goodness in every bite, but not feeling totally guilty. Thus, broccoli and mushrooms enter this recipe to balance out the cheesy goodness. Sautéed in butter, these vegetables are paired with cream cheese, whole milk, and a quick roux that melts right into the shredded Jarlsberg cheese!
A mild, semi-soft, part skim cheese made from cow’s milk, Jarlsberg is famous around the world for its characteristic mild, sweet and nutty taste and its large round holes. The nutty taste is what we love the most and one that works so well in cheese dips. The nuttiness of Jarlsberg balances the other flavors!
Jarlsberg Broccoli & Mushroom Cheese Dip
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped button mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded Jarlsberg Cheese
- Preheat your oven to broil.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté the butter, mushrooms, and broccoli until cooked.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, mustard, and salt.
- Incorporate the cream cheese until melted. Stir in 1/4 cup of shredded Jarlsberg cheese (save the other half for topping).
- Heat through until everything is melted and place in oven safe dish. Top with extra cheese and broil for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot with crackers, vegetables, and bread.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Jarlsberg. All opinions are 100% my own.