Learn all about “make ahead bread” and how it can make your holiday baking easier, simpler, and stress-free – like these gorgeous & fluffy Pumpkin Dinner Rolls!
To start off the last month of 2014, we’re kicking off with a bang alongside my friend Donna Currie of the food blog, Cookistry. Donna just published her first cookbook, Make Ahead Bread: 100 Recipes for Melt-In-Your-Mouth Fresh Bread Everyday (If you’d like an autographed copy, you can order one from Barbed Wire Books) and we’re celebrating with recipes & giveaways galore! The first thing you need to know about Dona’s new book is that it basically divides all the recipes into two steps:
- Step One – mix and knead the dough, then let it rest for 1-2 days while you enjoy life!
- Step Two – bake and enjoy fresh bread at your leisure.
This book is packed with some amazing recipes for savory dinner rolls, breadsticks, pastries, sandwich breads, buns, loaves, and SO much more! Her method is fantastic because honestly, sometimes we don’t have a full 3-4 hours to dedicate ourselves to making a loaf of bread. Get this bread for a novice bread that wants to take it slow or an expert baker that needs to juggle life & other things between baking loaves of bread.
To celebrate this new book, sponsors have come together to offer some amazing prizes – be sure to check out the other recipes from food bloggers all around the USA and enter to win a prize! For the giveaway, we’d like to thank our sponsors who generously offered some fantastic prizes:
- Taunton Press, the publisher of Donna’s book, is supplying a total of 12 copies of Make Ahead Bread, one to each winner.
- Magimix is giving one winner a Magimix 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor in Brushed Chrome.
- WÜSTHOF is giving one winner a CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- Silverstone is giving one winner a 5-piece set of bakeware (11×17 cookie pan, 10×15 cookie pan, 9×13 covered baking pan, 9×5 loaf pan and 9-inch cake pan) in the winner’s choice of red or blue.
- King Arthur Flour is giving one winner a rye bread baking kit.
- Duralex is giving one winner a 9-piece set of mixing bowls.
- Harold Import Company is giving three winners a made-in-the-USA hardwood baker’s rolling pin (It’s the baker’s pin, with no handles.)
- Microplane is giving each of the 12 winners an Elite Zester, Cube Grater, and Spiral Cutter.
- GIR is giving each of the 12 winners a silicone scraper.
- King Arthur Flour is giving each of the 12 winners a coupon for a bag of flour of your choice (good at your local supermarket) and a plastic bench scraper.
- And Walker’s Shortbread is supplying cookies to three winners.
Pumpkin Dinner RollsPrint Recipe
- Cornmeal to dust the pan
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- ½ cup room temperature water
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 ½ cups bread flour
- ¼ cup nonfat dry milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In your mixer bowl, stir together the pumpkin, water, yeast, and honey.
- Add the bread flour, dry milk, butter, and salt and knead for about 6-8 minutes, until smooth.
- In a greased bowl in a warm area, let rise for an hour until double in size.
- Punch dough down and form into 10-12 rolls, placing in a cornmeal dusted oven safe pan.
- Cover and let sit overnight.
- When ready to bake, turn oven to 375F and bake until golden brown.
Disclaimer: Sponsors supplied us with free items and a free copy of Donna’s new book, but we were under no obligation to share this. I’m sharing it because I stand behind this book – it’s an awesome addition to your cookbook collection!