Eton Mess, a traditional British dessert, is a simple dessert composed of whipped cream, marinated fresh berries, and crushed meringues. Oh and we’re celebrating the new season of Downton Abbey!
Layered with lightly whipped cream, crispy vanilla bean meringue cookies, and fresh strawberries, this might just be my new favorite dessert. Not only is it super light, but it’s gorgeous! These are perfect served in Weck Jars (my other favorite thing!), for either a weeknight treat or even for special occasions.
Eton mess originated in Eton College a famous and very grand private school in Windsor England. In fact if your visiting London, I highly recommend a visit to Windsor its a stunning little town, you can stroll along the Thames, and visit the mighty Windsor castle, the Queens residence. – Rebecca of Chow and Chatter
Do you watch Downton Abbey? I was against watching it for a while, since my favorite shows tend to be…darker. I’m more of a Dexter and Breaking Bad kind of fan, but Downton Abbey grabbed my attention and never let it go. It’s packed with suspense, family drama, and most of all, I love all the details of the time period. The big dresses, the extravagant menus for dinner parties, the etiquette, and the gorgeous castles. If you need to relax, watching it is a total escape of reality – you’ll forget you’re living in 2014! Make sure to scroll down for a Downton Abbey giveaway!
More Downton Abbey inspired recipes:
- Raspberry Meringue Pudding by Bakeaholic Mama
- Cranberry Orange Scones by Susy Freaking Homemaker
- Mini-Beef Wellington Pot Pies by Healthy Seasonal Recipes
- Yorkshire Pudding by The Realistic Nutritionist
- Crumpets with Strawberry Balsamic Jam by Healthy Delicious
- Crepes Isladaise by The Girly Girl Cooks
- Black Peppercorn and Orange Steamed Pudding by A Brown Table