This Salted Caramel Hot Fudge is not only great over ice cream, it’s an awesome addition to milkshakes and over cakes! Perfect for holiday gifting – just pour into jars, add a cute ribbon, and gift away!
Let’s just be real – life without hot fudge isn’t even worth living. Luscious, rich, and warm fudge over your ice cream or whatever dessert, makes it a truly decadent dessert course. I’ve adapted this recipe from the one we make at the restaurant and tweaked it to make it home-friendly. At the restaurant, we use just a dark cocoa powder to make this fudge recipe, but today I’m using Ghirardelli’s Chocolate Caramel Hot Cocoa powdered mix and it seriously just pushes this recipe over the edge!
The brand new cocoas from Ghirardelli are rich and with an intense chocolate flavor, perfect for all the hot chocolate we’ll be making during the cold New England winter months. The new flavors include: Chocolate Mocha Hot Cocoa, and Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa, Chocolate Caramel Hot Cocoa.
Add a drizzle of this to your morning coffee for a mocha-style drink or over brownies for a quick and easy dessert! Sure, you can buy a jar of fudge at the store for $3.99, and sure, sometimes it really hits the spot, but listen to me. NOTHING is better than this recipe. I’ve made it for the past three years and every year I pat myself on the back for not going into the walk-in fridge and just drinking a whole batch of it. Oh, and for those of you who want to make a case of the high fructose corn syrup in this? I’ll hear you out but won’t stop making this recipe. Everything in moderation, including moderation, correct?
Salted Caramel Hot Fudge
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup Ghirardelli Chocolate Caramel Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Over medium high heat, in a medium sauce pan, whisk together all the ingredients BUT the butter, vanilla bean extract and the salt.
- Whisk until chocolate is melted and all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Increase the heat to high and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter, vanilla bean extract, and salt.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to two weeks. To reheat, either microwave for 30 seconds or over stovetop.
Thanks to the generous and chocolate loving folks over at Ghirardelli, we’re hosting a giveaway that includes:
- One (1), $25 gift card to Ghirardelli online
- One (1) 10.5 ounce bag of EACH of the following: Chocolate Mocha Hot Cocoa, Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa, Chocolate Caramel Hot Cocoa, Sweet Ground Cocoa, and 100% Unsweetened Cocoa
Enter below by filling out the Rafflecopter (please give it a minute to load). Good luck!
Disclaimer: Ghirardelli provided me with a few of their new products, but I was under no obligation to create a recipe. I just wanted to share this amazing hot fudge recipe and had Ghirardelli in the pantry! All opinions are my own, as always.