Avocado Tomato Basil Pesto Hummus Pasta Salad is a healthier pasta salad, just bursting with flavor. Made with Sabra Hummus and whole wheat pasta, it will become your go-to recipe for pasta salad!
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with Sabra Dipping Company, but as always, my love for hummus is 100% my own!
As you may know, my love for hummus is as big as my love for bacon. Crazy, huh?!
So this summer, with crazy work schedules and 16-hour days in a hundred degree kitchen, we’ve been chugging ice water and digging into endless bowls of ice cream. And we all know that a diet of ice water and ice cream is not balanced at all!
That’s where pasta salads fit in well. They’re easy to make, can be kept in the fridge for up to a week, and they’re cool! Nothing like a fresh Avocado Tomato Basil Pesto Hummus Pasta Salad to dig into after a long day at work.
Instead of drowning your pasta salad in tons of mayonnaise, the base of this pasta salad dressing is Sabra’s Basil Pesto Hummus. I love that Sabra is made with natural ingredients (the chickpeas are even grown right here in the USA!), and the pride they put into their brand and marketing makes me happy to be in partnership with them.
But back to this basil pesto hummus. It’s packed with fresh garlic-basil pesto, plus chickpeas grown in Virginia, and the best tahini in the world.
Since our work garden is overflowing with fresh basil, it was the perfect pairing with the hummus!
I hope you love the recipe for my Avocado Tomato Basil Pesto Hummus Pasta Salad.
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta
- 10 ounces Sabra Basil Pesto Hummus
- ¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- fresh basil, torn
- Cook pasta as directed on package and cool.
- Whisk together the hummus, mayonnaise, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Toss cooled pasta, hummus dressing, diced tomatoes and avocados.
- Chill for an hour and serve with freshly torn basil leaves.
Here are some more pasta salad recipes that you may want to try: