These corn muffins are topped with salty, savory goodness and slathered with decadent cream cheese! Like a bagel, but better!
To get you through the week, today I’m sharing a quick and unique recipe for corn muffins with a twist! My husband is a huge fan of the everything bagel – that bagel topped with poppy and sesame seeds, as well as dried onion, garlic, and salt. Slathered with cream cheese, it’s his happy place. So I wanted to take the idea of that bagel and bring it to muffin form and what better savory muffin to use as a base than a corn muffin! As you can see in the recipe, I used hemp milk which I always have on hand for my morning smoothies but you can substitute with whole milk if you’d like!
If you’re wondering about the Everything Bread & Bagel Topping, I bought a bag of it when I was visiting King Arthur Flour for Blog & Bake, but you can certainly make your own. Richard Blais has a great recipe in his cookbook, Try This At Home, for an Everything Bagel Dressing for salads, which is awesome!
Everything Corn Muffins
- 10 ounces hemp milk or whole milk
- 4 ounces corn flour
- 6 ounces einkorn flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel topping
- 12 tablespoons cream cheese softened
- Preheat oven to 350F and place 12 liners in a muffin tin.
- Whisk together the hemp milk and corn flour for 3 minutes.
- Stir the dry ingredients together and add the eggs and olive oil. Fold in 1 tablespoon of everything bagel mix.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop mixture into lined muffin tin. Sprinkle with the rest of the everything bagel mix and bake at 350F for 12 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and top with cream cheese and a sprinkle of everything bagel mix. Serve warm.
These corn muffins have a tender crumb that pairs perfectly with the smooth cream cheese and the salty goodness of the everything bread topping. Quick tip: to soften your cream cheese, just place in microwave for 10 seconds on high. It makes the perfect “icing” for these muffins!