Today I’m excited to showcase Jackie Gordon, a dear friend I met through working at the IACPNYC conference a year or so ago. Jackie is launching an exciting Kickstarter project and I hope y’all have a moment to read about it below, grab her brownie recipe, and click on over to the Kickstarter link to donate!
“Chocabaret is the first New York artisan chocolate tasting set to music — a cross between an artisan chocolate tasting and cabaret show led by Singing Chef Jackie Gordon.” – Seriously?! How delicious does this sound?! Jackie will put on a show in NYC and lead you through a tasting os assorted chocolates made all by New York chocolate makers, accompanying each tasting with a song with tunes from her band, The Tempered Souls.
CHOCABARET will introduce its audience to:
- The making of chocolate – from bean to bar
- Tales from the deliciously sordid history of chocolate
- Tips for tasting chocolate like a professional
- Ways to select a great chocolate
- The stories behind the chocolates in the tasting
The chocolate makers that will be featured in the show include: Ronnie-Sues Chocolates, Fruition Chocolate, Fika Chocolate, Bond St Chocolate, Fine & Raw Chocolate, Oliver Kita, Divalicious Chocolate! and more.
Chocabaret is being funded by a Kickstarter campaign that will launch on 5/21/13 (TODAY!) and runs through 6/21/13. Tickets to the show are exclusively available via the campaign. There are many delicious rewards you can get for supporting this project. Once the crowd funding campaign is a success, Chocabaret will be on at the Metropolitan Room in New York City in October 2013.
Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 5 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk chocolate chunks
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat, add chocolate and stir till melted. Cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and cooled chocolate mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture - do not over beat. Stir milk and dark chocolate chunks and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8” x 8” pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes until set, but not dry. Cool.
- Cut into 16 (2” x 2”) squares.
Singing Chef Jackie Gordon is cooking, singing and talking chocolate at the LIVE LAUNCH PARTY for her Kickstarter campaign for “Chocabaret: where an artisan chocolate tasting meets a cabaret show”
At The Party:
SHE’S COOKING! Watch demos – Salted Cacao Nib Crusted Triple Chocolate Brownies and Chocolate Pudding
SHE’S SINGING! Listen to her food love songs accompanied by Enrico de Trizio
SHE’S TALKING CHOCOLATE! Learn how to buy a great chocolate and get a sneak peek at some of delicious chocolates & rewards from Chocabaret Kickstarter. Come join the #Chocabaret PARTY!
Be sure to head on over to the Chocaberet Kickstarter page and donate – every little helps! Can’t donate money but would love to support Jackie through social media? Click here and share, share, share!
Are you a food blogger interested in interviewing Jackie and showcasing this project on your blog in the next few weeks? Email me at marnely at gmail dot com and I’ll put you in touch with her, as well as send you a press release!