And since it’s the middle of winter and citrus fruit are in season, I wanted to share a recipe for a Winter Guacamole that showcases the best of both worlds: Avocados, Meyer Lemons, & Ruby Red Grapefruit. Oh and Cilantro – lots and lots of fresh cilantro makes the world a happy place.
Winter Citrus Guacamole
- 2 medium California avocados skinned + pitted (save the skins!)
- ½ Ruby Red grapefruit
- ½ Meyer Lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- to taste: salt pepper, and cilantro
- orange zest sprinkle
- Using a fork, mash the avocados to your desired consistency. Squeeze both citrus juices to taste, olive oil, and the splash of vinegar.
- Season with salt, pepper, and fold in fresh cilantro leaves. Serve in the avocado skins, top with grapefruit segments and enjoy with fresh bread, chips, or slathered on your favorite sandwich!
Need more Guacamole ideas? Be sure to visit all of the Virtual Potluck member blogs below!