But enough about me, let’s talk about this new, sexy yeast. I can imagine her as a she, but if you want him to be a he, go right ahead. Here’s what the Red Star Yeast folks say about it:
- Simple to use. So forgiving it takes the intimidation out of baking with yeast!
- Strengthens the dough and improves dough tolerance to variations in kneading, rising, and flour quality.
- Produces consistent baked products home bakers will enjoy.
- Increases the amount of leavening retained in the dough.
- Decreases the risk of the dough collapsing after proofing or during baking.
- Increases oven ‘spring’ and the finished volume of the baked product.
- Works great in any bread recipe, but is particularly effective in producing healthy whole grain and sweet breads that are light, airy, and larger in volume.
The one thing I loved the most about this yeast is that it made my crumb structure so light and tender; that’s what dough enhancers that I’ve previously used in professional kitchen do and it’s such a great feeling to have that same effect in my kitchen!
Don’t be afraid of yeast. And a little secret? If your bread doesn’t turn out, just turn it into bread pudding or french toast! Done. But I promise, it will turn out. Put some love into it and great ingredients and bake your little heart away. I decided to adapt this recipe for Apple Cinnamon Raisin bread using orange juice, and it was a hit at work. Slather it with butter or your favorite jam and call it the perfect weekend snack to have on the table and nibble on during the day! Be sure to check out this video of one of my favorite bakers Gesine Bullock-Prado as she demonstrates Platinum.
Giveaway includes: samples of PLATINUM Superior Yeast, gorgeous pin-stripped apron, wooden cutting/serving board, and the winner will also be placed in a random drawing for a Platinum Kitchen Aid mixer! Entry Methods Below (leave a comment for each action completed!)
- Follow Red Star Yeast and Cooking with Books on Twitter
- Follow Red Star Yeast and Cooking with Books on Pinterest
- Tweet the following: Enter to win a #PLATINUM @RedStarYeast VIP Package, perfect for upcoming holiday baking via @nella22: http://bit.ly/OVCdin
- Pin this recipe and leave link of your board where it’s located.
- Follow Cooking with Books on Google Friend Connect
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Red Star Yeast and as always opinions are based on testing in my personal kitchen!