Last weekend, M and I attended the Pumpkin Festival at Morning Glory Farm and it was a fantastic showcase of culinary dishes all made with pumpkin: pumpkin cornbread, pumpkin doughnuts, pumpkin pie, pumpkin succotash, etc. We loved every minute of it and can’t wait for next year!
So when I heard this week’s Food Network #fallfest ingredient was Pumpkin, my excitement was through the roof! Having bought 3 large pumpkins and a few sugar pumpkins, as well as some cans of pure pumpkin puree, I knew I had enough ingredients to start off.
Pumpkin-Bacon Brussels SproutsPrint Recipe
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree unsweetened
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 4 strips bacon chopped
- 2 cups brussels sprouts sliced in half
- ½ cup water
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, olive oil, honey, balsamic vinegar, and Sriracha. Reserve.
- In a cast iron pan, saute the chopped bacon until crisp. Add Brussels sprouts and toss to coat with bacon fat.
- Cook for 3 minutes and add the pumpkin dressing. Coat all the sprouts and add water. Cook over medium-low heat until Brussels sprouts are tender. Serve with extra crispy bacon crumbled on top.
Head on over to the food blogs below for even more Pumpkin recipes featured in Food Network’s Fall Fest! Be sure to also follow the hashtag #fallfest on Twitter for more recipes, ideas, and techniques using pumpkin this season!
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Chez Us: Pull Apart Pumpkin-Pecan Bread With Maple Bourbon Frosting
And Love It Too: Vanilla Pumpkin Swirl Cake With Vanilla Palm Sugar Glaze
Haute Apple Pie: Creamy Pumpkin Penne With Italian Sausage
HGTV Gardens: Garden-to-Table: Pumpkins
From My Corner of Saratoga: Chocolate-Pumpkin Cake
Made By Michelle: Pumpkin Scones
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Roasted Pumpkin and Black Bean Stew With Chorizo and Pepitas
Devour: 5 Delicious Ways to Use Pumpkins After Carving
Virtually Homemade: Pumpkin Pancakes With Maple Cream and Candied Vanilla Pecans
The Heritage Cook: Gingery Pumpkin Mousse With Whipped Ginger Cream
Thursday Night Dinner: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie
FN Dish: Primping Up Pumpkin
Feed Me Phoebe: Roasted Pumpkin Wedges With Chili, Lime and Cotija