|Bubbling on the stove top|
This easy to make Monday night dinner is brought to you by quick and simple. And by that I mean, quick and simple meals that we all need in our repertoire. This made for a 20 minute dinner, and served with a tossed salad, is a complete meal. The thinner you slice the pork, the faster this will cook. You can substitute the pork for chicken breasts or beef cubes. Whatever you have in the fridge works. Broccoli was tossed in last minute, because let’s be honest? We didn’t have a balanced meal with a salad, so the broccoli counteracts that right?
p.s. Oh! All the pictures are from my iPhone and my obsession with Instagram. And be sure to enter my giveaway of The Fire Island Cookbook and Pure Orange Extract!
|Newlyweds Eat On Coffee Tables|
Pizza Style Pork with Pepperoni and Mozzarella Cheese
Adapted from “Great Food Fast” by Bob Warden
1 pork loin, sliced into 1 inch pieces
24 slices pepperoni, half chopped and half whole
1 small green bell pepper, diced
1 (24-ounce) jar chunky spaghetti sauce
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup broccoli florets
1 pound rigatoni, cooked
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in skillet. Add peppers.
- Sear pork on both sides and continue cooking peppers. Add pepperoni slices.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over everything and sprinkle sugar in. Simmer until pork is fully cooked.
- Add broccoli florets, cheese, and pasta. Toss until all is coated.
- Serve topped with pork slices and extra cheese.