…because whipped cream dolloped on hot chocolate is pretty much the only reason we live for during the winter months, right? Sure, I’ve told you a million and one times to make my Coconut Meringue Latte, that when made with freshly made meringue is a definite Sunday Brunch treat. But on those nights when you’re cuddling on the couch with your new husband (ah!), watching Top Chef on Bravo, I normally crave something sweet, like hot milk with espresso powder. Quick and easy, I can get back to cuddling as soon as possible. This hot chocolate recipe is just that, with one more minute added to whip your heavy cream and swirl into this unique hot chocolate.
And no, you don’t have to get out the stand mixer to whip this cream! You’re in for a treat today dear reader! Soon, one of you will be whipping up this cream with the gorgeously new and lightweight OXO Egg Beater. Here it is, modeling for you:
- Smoothly rotating gears are enclosed for protection and easy clean-up
- Soft, comfortable, non-slip grips on turning knob and contoured handle
- Sturdy stainless steel Beaters can be removed for cleaning or for tasting
- Beaters are elevated and continue to work while device rests on bottom of bowl
- Perfect for eggs, light batters, whipped cream and more
- Base detaches from top and is dishwasher safe
1 cup water
1 shot of your favorite Bourbon
- Place a medium sized bowl in the fridge with 1 cup of heavy cream. Place your OXO Egg Beater in the fridge as well. Keeping these cool will help in obtaining lots of volume in your whipped cream.
- Simmer whole milk and vanilla bean for 5 minutes. Remove bean and add chocolate, gently whisking to melt the chocolate over low heat. Keep an eye on it and whip your cream!
- Take your cream and OXO Egg Beater out of the fridge and whip away! Add powdered sugar and whisk until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Serve white hot chocolate, topping with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of crushed candy canes. Swirl and enjoy!
How to Enter (7 entries, please leave a separate comment for EACH entry):
- Mandatory Entry: Head on over to OXO and tell me another product you’d love.
- Follow @OXO on Twitter
- Follow @Nella22 on Twitter
- Tweet the following message “Enter to win @OXO Egg Beater via @nella22 http://bit.ly/ubJtWS #giveaway PLS RT”
- Become a Google Friend Connect follower (right-hand sidebar with all your faces!)
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Follow me on Stumbleupon
Here’s one little tip when using your beaters: I find that when starting to whip cream, it makes a little too much splash for my taste, so cover your bowl tightly with plastic wrap, cut a small slit in the center and slide your beaters in. This will avoid any splashes that might happen at the beginning!
Disclaimer: I received two free OXO Egg Beaters, one for me to test out and one for you to win. As always, my opinions are 100% my own.