When I received The Food52 Cookbook, I couldn’t wait to cook from it. But what would be the first recipe to make? I wanted something simple and comforting, using seasonal produce and what better produce right now than citrus? This Lemon Tart recipe is not only delicious in flavor, but the way it’s prepared will blow your mind. The ENTIRE lemon (rind and all!) are blender with the rest of the filling ingredients and pour into your favorite pastry crust. It can’t get easier than that, and the result is a silky, rich custard, bright with the flavors of Meyer Lemon. The book suggests to also bake these without the crust, in ramekins, and you’ll have individual servings of it and it’s what I did. They might not look as pretty as the tart, but they sure are delicious (thus I pictures the tart picture in the book and not my ugly ducklings). Top with some whipped cream and some zest, and you’ve got a perfect dessert to end a meal and not weigh you down.
|Photo Courtesy of The Food52 Cookbook|
1 1 ⁄2 cups superfine sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Your favorite 9-inch tart shell, blind-baked
1.Heat the oven to 350°F. Put all the ingredients— except the tart shell—into a blender and whirl like
2. Pour into the tart shell.
3. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. (Watch that the top does not burn.) Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Thanks to Morrow Books, TWO Cooking with Books reader will each win their own copy of “The Food52 Cookbook”! Giveaway information: Deadline is December 16th at Noon Eastern Time. US mailing addresses only. Prize will be shipped by Morrow Cookbooks. How to Enter How to Enter (4 entries, please leave a comment for EACH entry):
- Answer this question: What’s your favorite citrus fruit?
- Follow @Food52 on Twitter
- Follow Nella22 on Twitter
- Tweet “Thanks to @MorrowCooks and @nella22, I entered to win a copy of the new @Food52 cookbook! Enter here: http://bit.ly/sCgK5m #giveaway”
Have you entered our other giveaways? Make sure to stop by each one for more chances to win!
- Win a Seventh Generation set and Le Creuset Casserole Dish
- Win a copy of the new “I Love Trader Joe’s Cookbook Around the World”
- If you love cheese, you can win a basket of Ile de France Cheese here!
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on Cooking with Books are my own and based on testing and/or personal experience. I was sent the book free of charge, although not monetarily compensated for a positive review.