|Photo Credit: The Pure Bar|
Gluten-Free. Vegan. Raw. AMAZING. Four words that describe The Pure Bar perfectly. The wonderful people at Pure Bar sent me a variety box of bars to try after I discovered and contacted them online. I am neither gluten-free, vegan or raw, but I was looking into bars that would help with my cravings starting my new, healthier lifestyle. What was the point of going “on a diet” and then craving and eating brownies in the middle of the day? The Pure Bar has a solution: Organic Chocolate Brownie. I don’t know if angels make it or they’ve just realized that Mother Nature does it best, but these things are ridiculously good and GOOD FOR YOU!
Just look at the ingredients list: organic dates, organic agave nectar, organic rice protein concentrate, organic cashews, organic cocoa, organic almonds, organic walnuts…and that’s all! Mash that all together, form into a bar and you get this brownie: chewy, chocolately, and delicious!
The variety pack included various flavors and the Chocolate Brownie was my favorite of course. But all the other flavors were just as good, and here are my thoughts on them:
- Wild Blueberry: the tartness of the blueberries balances out the sweet dates perfectly
- Cherry Cashew: cashew being one of my favorite nuts, this included cherries, great antioxidant
- Apple Cinnamon: at first, I thought I wouldn’t like this (not a huge cinnamon fan) but the flavors are balanced and the apples are tart (Granny Smith?) and it’s like eating apple pie…only it’s good for you!
- Cranberry Orange: this bar just screams the holidays! Tart berries and organic orange peel, a great combination in with the dates.
- Peanut Raisin Crunch: shared this with my Dad, a peanut-lover and he said it was delicious and was amazed at the few ingredients in it!
- Superfruit Nutty Crunch: if you’re sick, eat a few of these and I bet you’ll feel better right away! Superfruits are packed into this bar, so you’ll be getting antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and Vitamin D (Delicious!)
If you’re looking for a great snack or even on the run for breakfast, these would be perfect! Shop for The Pure Bar on their website or Amazon! Plus, share your favorite vegetarian recipe and be entered to win a trip to Napa, free Pure Bars and more!
Disclaimer: Pure Bar samples were sent free of charge. All opinions are 100% honest, because what would be the point of this then? I was not monetarily compensated for a positive review and I wouldn’t really accept money for this review. Now, a lifetime supply of the Chocolate Brownie bar? Maybe!