Jami Sorrento was our June Daring Cooks hostess and she chose to challenge us to celebrate the humble spud by making a delicious and healthy potato salad. The Daring Cooks Potato Salad Challenge was sponsored by the nice people at the United States Potato Board, who awarded prizes to the top 3 most creative and healthy potato salads. A medium-size (5.3 ounce) potato has 110 calories, no fat, no cholesterol, no sodium and includes nearly half your daily value of vitamin C and has more potassium than a banana!
After seeing a few friends doing the so called “Daring Kitchen” challenges, I decided to join the fun in June. Darling friends, nothing in this world is random and guess what the challenge was? To create a healthy version of my favorite dish of all time:
- Boil potatoes and carrots in salted water.
- In blender, place tuna, mayonnaise, sriracha, turmeric, and season to taste. Pulse to incorporate.
- Drain Potatoes and chop slightly. Pour tuna dressing over and fold together. Top with eggs and green onions. Sprinkle with turmeric and drizzle with olive oil
- Enjoy both warm or cooled!
- Eggs, are awesome. Period.
- Carrots, because they have beta-carotene, improve night vision. And honestly, how cool is that!?
- Turmeric inhibits cancer cell growth and improves liver function!
- Canned Tuna: Try to find the best tuna possible! Omega-3 fatty acids. Need I say more? (Anti-cancer fighting power!)