Somehow, we went crazy. One minute we’re tweeting normally and the next minute we create a flash #mangomadness hashtag, we say Wednesday or Friday? We agree on Friday in the next few minutes and establish the one rule: post on Friday June 24th, a mango recipe. I did add an extra rule and it was to eat as much mango as you could while making it! An exclusive, all-girls Mango Lovers Club (randomly, we’d never say no to any boy #mangolover!), we hope you all enjoy our mango recipes! At the end of this post you’ll find a link to all the #mangomadness sites, so go give them some blog love!
Inspired by Farmgirl Gourmet and her Pineapple Mango Upside Down Cake and the fact that I had purchased cute, tiny cake pans, I set out to create something similar. Terra, from Cafe Terra, said the words “pudding cake” which got the ball rolling. I wanted to create a creamy interior crumb, gooey-sticky top, mango all the way through and this is what came together! Enjoy the #mangomadness!
Mango-Dulce de Leche Pudding Cakes
butter, to grease molds
flat slices of mango
1/2 cup dulce de leche
1 stick of butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 small eggs
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup finely chopped mango
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease mini-pans (between 10-12, 3 inch pans) with butter. Cut out a shape from the mango slices (I choose a star) and place in buttered pans. Top with a dollop of dulce de leche. Reserve.
- In a mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour and baking powder (no need to sift). Add flour in one heap and immediately add juice. Do not over-mix. Fold in finely diced mango.
- Distribute batter evenly between pans and place in oven.
- Bake until done. To check doneness either insert a cake tester until it comes out clean or touch the tops of the cakes, they should spring back when done.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. The cakes will retract from pan, making it easier to remove. Flip over quickly over plate!
- Decorate with: dulce de leche thinned out with brandy (why not?), whipped cream or an ice cream. Enjoy the #mangomadness!
Now head over to the other #mangomadness participants and give them some #mangolove! Enjoy!
http://bigfatbaker.com/blog/ by the #mangobaker Erin